Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jan 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Excited about Disney

Thanks for taking time to do your highs and lows, your brilliant report is entertaining and informative - loved reading your Mum & Dad's conversation as it unfolded 😆
Old 8 Jan 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

I LOVED the transcript from your chat with your parents, so funny! And so lovely for you to all have those memories to share.

How exciting that you’re back so soon. Looking forward to reading along again.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I have loved reading your trip report thankyou for sharing with us all!

Your conversation with your parents made me laugh out loud! It sounds like they had an amazing time though and you gave them some amazing memories. I am such a ride wimp and I often sit out rollercoaster while others go on and it never feels like I'm waiting for them as such, especially at Disney as there is always so much to see and look at and a rest is always welcome so it may well have been the same for your parents.

I would love to take our parents/family to WDW but I am such a planning control freak I know I would not relax and want everything to be perfect (I'm bad enough when it's just us!) plus we love an early start and many of our family dont! But your trip has convinced me to consider it again!

Looking forward to following along with your 2020 trip!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed, funny and informative trip report! The dialogue between you and your parents is funny and familiar (we took my parents to Disney in December 2017 it was fantastic and exhausting)

I’m looking forward to following along with your 2020 travels, especially with your extended stay! It sounds as though you have another fantastic trip planned. Michelle xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
Sounds lovely, thanks for sharing. We've decided we're not going to fly this year, but planning to take my mum and stepfather to WDW next year. I'm a bit nervous about it, they've no idea the planning involved, last time mum went was 1990, and it was quite different then! Hope our trip is as successful as yours.

Epic trip this year! Very exciting.
I hope you have a fantastic time with you mum and step dad. It was different planning for us as a group as opposed to just the four of us, but it was definitely worth it.

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Great trip, and great report. You managed to fit so much in. I know what you mean about it being harder to relax when planning for others, when we went with our friends it was an amazing trip but I felt the pressure of wanting everything to be perfect.

It’s really good your parents had such a good time as well.

Looking forward to the next one!
It was a fab trip. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. The need for it all to be perfect was all me putting pressure on myself and certainly they weren't fussed about doing everything. I'm glad they had such a good time though.

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Abby - was an absolute delight to meet you and your family last summer
To read all that you managed to pack into your trip is amazing. Your thoughts about the next trip of trying places never visited before is well worth it ( you do need to return to certain places though!)

Look forward to reading all your future travels and Max's food choices too

Enjoy the countdown and planning to the next one, can only yearn for the same summer in 2020

A wonderful trip, wonderfully written with photos I can only ever dream of!

That first trip of a lifetime , has something to answer for

xx
You're right that first trip does have a lot to answer for. I'm going to have to let myself off of my decree about doing new things we have to go to some old favourites too.

You've had other priorities this year, but it will be a bit of a different summer for you all. If/when you do return to Florida I hope you write another trip report and share it with us.

Originally Posted by Excited83 View Post
Thanks so much for taking the time to write your report - it must’ve taken hours. I’ve really enjoyed reading it and am looking forward to finishing the last few days. I know what you mean about the planning - we went with my dad and his wife last summer and the extra responsibility of planning for them too definitely affected how much I was able to relax and enjoy the holiday. Hopefully next time is a bit more relaxing for you - can’t wait to read all about it. X
It sure did take a while to write, but it was a pleasure to do. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a shame you weren't able to relax, but I'm glad it's not just me I think this summer will be more relaxing, it's much easier to get just us organised and out the door on time.

Originally Posted by Rabel View Post
Loved this, and really enjoyed your trip report. Whilst you may have found it a bit stressful it is nice to see that your parents recognised how much effort you put in to making it a great holiday for them.

Thank you for posting
They did appreciate all the hard work. I think it's hard to remember what the first time is like. You can't really understand the sheer vastness of the parks let alone what you could/should plan in advance of the holiday.

Originally Posted by Hula Doola View Post
Thanks for taking time to do your highs and lows, your brilliant report is entertaining and informative - loved reading your Mum & Dad's conversation as it unfolded 😆
I'm glad you enjoyed their highlights. I kind of thought maybe it's just me that would find it funny as I feared it would only be funny to people who were there.

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
I LOVED the transcript from your chat with your parents, so funny! And so lovely for you to all have those memories to share.

How exciting that you’re back so soon. Looking forward to reading along again.
Hey there it's been lovely reliving it all for the trip report, sorting out the photos for their photo book and then talking about their memories of it all with them.

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I have loved reading your trip report thankyou for sharing with us all!

Your conversation with your parents made me laugh out loud! It sounds like they had an amazing time though and you gave them some amazing memories. I am such a ride wimp and I often sit out rollercoaster while others go on and it never feels like I'm waiting for them as such, especially at Disney as there is always so much to see and look at and a rest is always welcome so it may well have been the same for your parents.

I would love to take our parents/family to WDW but I am such a planning control freak I know I would not relax and want everything to be perfect (I'm bad enough when it's just us!) plus we love an early start and many of our family dont! But your trip has convinced me to consider it again!

Looking forward to following along with your 2020 trip!
You're welcome, it's fun for me to write and even better that I get to share it with people who enjoy it all. Of course you're absolutely right about them probably enjoying the times we went on rides and they got to sit on a bench. Actually there were a couple of times at HS where Dad sat and Mum popped into a shop. You know the ones near tower of terror. It felt like we were a long time and just forcing them to hang around waiting, but actually a little sit down and rest or the chance to mooch about was probably welcomed.

We are all pretty good at getting up and out early too. I knew that my parents would be ok with that, but I did worry that my dad would be more fluid with the timekeeping as he's known for being late! I do fear an extended family trip though as you say not everyone enjoys a 6am alarm on holiday. I'm sure you'd all have fun in the long run though even if the sort of holiday you have isn't your normal WDW holiday.

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your detailed, funny and informative trip report! The dialogue between you and your parents is funny and familiar (we took my parents to Disney in December 2017 it was fantastic and exhausting)

I’m looking forward to following along with your 2020 travels, especially with your extended stay! It sounds as though you have another fantastic trip planned. Michelle xx
That's really kind, some people would say that I waffled on a lot, but I like your use of the word 'detailed' Thats definitely what it was! Yep, fantastic and exhausting are exactly what it was. Now I've written all of the 2019 report I can really start to get into the planning of this year's trip

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I've loved reading your report as always, thanks very much for sharing. It was lovely to see you sharing it with your parents, I thought it was so nice your Dad wearing his badge. Happy planning, I look forward to reading your trip report for the next one, I am in full on planning mode for ours too, can't wait

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahly
Gone all Goofy

I've absolutely loved reading this report over the past week or so, thank you so much for writing it. We're having quite a different trip to you, offsite, but you've given me loads of good planning ideas and ways to avoid queuing! I love your little planning cards as well, might steal that idea. I'm also very pleased to read you have another trip planned before ours so hopefully I might be able to pick up even more tips!

It sounds like you had a great time, and your mum is right your planning should be considered a highlight, it definitely would have been a very different trip without it. Your family sound very lovely. The transcript of the chat with your parents is great!

Right, off to make a start on your older trip reports now.
sarahly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for your whole trip report, it's been an absolute pleasure reading along and I'll look forward to the next one!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
I've loved reading your report as always, thanks very much for sharing. It was lovely to see you sharing it with your parents, I thought it was so nice your Dad wearing his badge. Happy planning, I look forward to reading your trip report for the next one, I am in full on planning mode for ours too, can't wait
I'm glad you enjoyed this report too it was so special sharing everything with mum and dad. You are absolutely right I should have added that as a highlight! I loved that Dad wore his badge every day I'm cross I forgot about that. Do you think I could add it in retrospectively?

Originally Posted by sarahly View Post
I've absolutely loved reading this report over the past week or so, thank you so much for writing it. We're having quite a different trip to you, offsite, but you've given me loads of good planning ideas and ways to avoid queuing! I love your little planning cards as well, might steal that idea. I'm also very pleased to read you have another trip planned before ours so hopefully I might be able to pick up even more tips!

It sounds like you had a great time, and your mum is right your planning should be considered a highlight, it definitely would have been a very different trip without it. Your family sound very lovely. The transcript of the chat with your parents is great!

Right, off to make a start on your older trip reports now.
I'm glad you enjoyed it, it's also nice that it's given you some ideas for your own trip. I used the planning cards the year before, the trip report is called Its all about the mouse. They were more detailed that year, even though they are only credit card sized I could fit quite a lot on them and they slotted into my park bag really well. We don't like taking a lot of stuff to parks, as we have DDP we don't need to carry drinks or food so we just don't bother taking loads and only have a minimal amount so I didnt want to bring my planning folder, that is fairly weighty

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Thanks for your whole trip report, it's been an absolute pleasure reading along and I'll look forward to the next one!
You're welcome, you know I love writing them and it's so nice that you along with many others keep coming back to read them.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great reflection on your hols. Gosh so much to look back on and so much to look forward to. 22 days. How exciting.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List