Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Great reflection on your hols. Gosh so much to look back on and so much to look forward to. 22 days. How exciting.
It was different last summer with my parents, but wonderful to be able to take them to our happy place.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Aww Abby such a perfect ending to the trip report. I absolutely love your parents, they are so funny your dad chattering away to himself and answering his own questions I loved Max's favourite of 'the buffet' haha.

Thank you so much for writing this, it was amazing to follow along again and you've created some amazing memories with your parents, which you'll have forever. I loved the photo of you and your parents on the tea cups and not ashamed to say I filled up with tears.

I really hope your parents return in the future and it would be even better with your brothers family too. But for now make sure you enjoy this next trip because you certainly deserve it. 22 nights ... I can't wait! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Aww Abby such a perfect ending to the trip report. I absolutely love your parents, they are so funny your dad chattering away to himself and answering his own questions I loved Max's favourite of 'the buffet' haha.

Thank you so much for writing this, it was amazing to follow along again and you've created some amazing memories with your parents, which you'll have forever. I loved the photo of you and your parents on the tea cups and not ashamed to say I filled up with tears.

I really hope your parents return in the future and it would be even better with your brothers family too. But for now make sure you enjoy this next trip because you certainly deserve it. 22 nights ... I can't wait! X
They were really trying hard to remember all the best bits and they did say a few times there were no lows at all. I'm sure there were the odd irritations but I guess if you're along for the ride and don't have any of the planning stress then you can just go with the flow, follow the leader style and enjoy it.

I absolutely love that photo of the three of us on the tea cups. Don't get me started!

Maybe they will come back. I've been watching L&R dreaming on you tube and the Nan said she was in her 80s in the latest video. They were doing loads of the rides, so as my parents are both 70 this year I figure they've got loads of Disney holidays in them yet. Do you watch L&R? They are always over in Florida, I quite like them. Actually, I keep meaning to give your videos a watch too. In fact I should just do it straight away! Mainly because I'm quite nosy and I really hope you have a lovely Geordie accent. I can't wait to see all the fun you got up to.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
They were really trying hard to remember all the best bits and they did say a few times there were no lows at all. I'm sure there were the odd irritations but I guess if you're along for the ride and don't have any of the planning stress then you can just go with the flow, follow the leader style and enjoy it.

I absolutely love that photo of the three of us on the tea cups. Don't get me started!

Maybe they will come back. I've been watching L&R dreaming on you tube and the Nan said she was in her 80s in the latest video. They were doing loads of the rides, so as my parents are both 70 this year I figure they've got loads of Disney holidays in them yet. Do you watch L&R? They are always over in Florida, I quite like them. Actually, I keep meaning to give your videos a watch too. In fact I should just do it straight away! Mainly because I'm quite nosy and I really hope you have a lovely Geordie accent. I can't wait to see all the fun you got up to.
Definitely one to treasure

I really hope they do. Yes we do! Love Luke and Rich, we watched their Christmas Vlog series too. Their trip with the grandparents, that's what's prompted Chris to want to take his parents with us next time but they're really not keen on the idea.

Oh gosh don't, it's awful I hate there isn't a whole lot of talking really as we didn't keep up with vlogging, so there's a few voice overs. I recorded the intros, travel day is awful as I was so nervous, they do get better

I know I wrote a trip report but there's just so much more to capture in a video, mainly the kid's faces, absolute memories to treasure as I'm sure you have also Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Definitely one to treasure

I really hope they do. Yes we do! Love Luke and Rich, we watched their Christmas Vlog series too. Their trip with the grandparents, that's what's prompted Chris to want to take his parents with us next time but they're really not keen on the idea.

Oh gosh don't, it's awful I hate there isn't a whole lot of talking really as we didn't keep up with vlogging, so there's a few voice overs. I recorded the intros, travel day is awful as I was so nervous, they do get better

I know I wrote a trip report but there's just so much more to capture in a video, mainly the kid's faces, absolute memories to treasure as I'm sure you have also Xx
You're too late I've already hinged the trailer, travel day, MK with the pin trading so cute and I've just watched the AK day when you are rushing to get to Tusker house. I really like the voiceover explanations and all the photos too. They are great vlogs, well done Mr Grump

Old 15 Jan 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Abby, a wonderful recount of your holiday! It’s so lovely to go over the highs (and to some extent the lows) as it’s funny how much you forget from the start of the holiday.
You have all well and truly got the Disney bug, I just wish the rest of my lot had it too 😩
I literally laughed out loud reading your mum and dads final thoughts 😂. I had a very similar conversation with mine once we got back too, I just wish I had written it down like you did.
I’m so behind on your next pre trippy so off to catch up on what I’m sure are amazing plans. I need to start mine too now that we have our flights booked!
Thank you again for posting about your unforgettable holiday 😘

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Abby, a wonderful recount of your holiday! It’s so lovely to go over the highs (and to some extent the lows) as it’s funny how much you forget from the start of the holiday.
You have all well and truly got the Disney bug, I just wish the rest of my lot had it too 😩
I literally laughed out loud reading your mum and dads final thoughts 😂. I had a very similar conversation with mine once we got back too, I just wish I had written it down like you did.
I’m so behind on your next pre trippy so off to catch up on what I’m sure are amazing plans. I need to start mine too now that we have our flights booked!
Thank you again for posting about your unforgettable holiday 😘
It is funny how the lows seem to disappear over time and I had to rely on my notes to remember what the lows were really.

I definitely have caught the bug! The trip later this year is going to be an epic trip and would you believe even though we have 22 days I'm still struggling to fit everything in!
Old 24 Jan 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Fantastic finale to the trip report. I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s highs and lows and of course future plans, it’s even better when I’m involved in some of those highs and future plans... can’t wait for our cocktail catch up!
I can’t believe we are nearly at ADR day, I need to pull my finger out and look at the busy day guide and think what restaurants I might need to book this year. I know you will probably have all your days planned out by now, I need to read the pre-trip report to catch up on everything. The festive period and family birthdays has really put me behind on my DIBB life, shocking!
As always Abby a huge thank you for writing up your holiday, I love reading your trip reports and appreciate all the time and effort you put into writing them up. Will there be another sneaky trip before I see you in the summer?
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Fantastic finale to the trip report. I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s highs and lows and of course future plans, it’s even better when I’m involved in some of those highs and future plans... can’t wait for our cocktail catch up!
I can’t believe we are nearly at ADR day, I need to pull my finger out and look at the busy day guide and think what restaurants I might need to book this year. I know you will probably have all your days planned out by now, I need to read the pre-trip report to catch up on everything. The festive period and family birthdays has really put me behind on my DIBB life, shocking!
As always Abby a huge thank you for writing up your holiday, I love reading your trip reports and appreciate all the time and effort you put into writing them up. Will there be another sneaky trip before I see you in the summer?
It was fun trying to get mum and dad to remember stuff from the trip. I wont forget that conversation any time soon. It was hilarious.

I'm on like plan number 73 or something I'm out of control. Not even joking I was sure I was going to be all laid back this year as it's back to the 4 of us, but I'm worse than ever!

Seems like a cheeky bonus trip is v v unlikely as the prices are sky high. But never say never. I'll keep looking.

Edited at 09:34 PM.
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Aw, that was so lovely to read the conversation with your parents about the holiday... it seems they have really fond memories of it all.

Great to read about your own highs and lows as well, some wonderful memories for you all. Oh, and voice notes! What a revelation... no more scribbling in notebooks for me

Thank you for telling us all about your trip Abby, it was a great read

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List