Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jan 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cujek
Looking for my Ears

Golden Forest with Meal Plan

Hi all,

So i am going to DLP soon as a birthday trip.

we have infinity passes and this will be the second trip on them, the first without our toddler!

We have booked into the golden forest so we get breakfast included with that.

They asked if we wanted to quote for the meal plan so we let them and it actually worked out pretty well to pre-pay.

We asked the infinity guy on the phone what we did with our breakfast vouchers off the plan as breakfast was already included, he said no problem you just trade them in for lunch.

I can not find anywhere on the web that this is the case, infact it says quite clearly that you can not do this, so im wondering if the guy just out and out lied to us to get more commission, knowing there would be no comeback as they will just say this isnt the case when we are there and there is no proof he said it to us (I doubt the calls are recorded).

Does anyone have any experience with this? i did search the forums but couldnt find anything so specific.

Thank you for reading my post.
Cujek is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

As far as I know the price you would have been given would have taken into account that fact that you have breakfast included in GF already, which is perhaps why it sounded more reasonable than you expected.

You won't get an extra breakfast voucher - you get the included breakfast in GF and then one lunch/dinner voucher per night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

I've never heard that before either. As Stubbs says above, when you say in the GF rooms the half board meal plan will already be discounted to account for the fact that you already have breakfast included.

Edited at 12:50 PM.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cujek
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
As far as I know the price you would have been given would have taken into account that fact that you have breakfast included in GF already, which is perhaps why it sounded more reasonable than you expected.

You won't get an extra breakfast voucher - you get the included breakfast in GF and then one lunch/dinner voucher per night.
Ah right, makes sense, so they took the price of the breakfast vouchers off due to the breakfast included in booking the golden forest.

then it could have been a break down of communication, the guy on the infinity line may have meant we can have lunch with the money we have saved from the dining plan by not including breakfast on it.

My partner booked it and spoke English to him, as i am the French speaker but he wouldnt speak to me as it was done on my partners infinity pass.

Thank you for your enlightenment, i will speak to the golden forest check in guy and see what the full deal is with it all, will report back.

Thanks.
Old 20 Jan 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Just out of interest - would you mind telling me how much you paid? And when for?

We have Magic Plus passes and we're tempted ...!

Thanks
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We stayed in GF at SL in April. You get your normal breakfast in the GF room plus 1 meal a night (either lunch or dinner) which is why it might have been more reasonable as you are only paying extra for the meal and not both. If you do a dummy quote on magic breaks for both rooms you can see the difference in prices between the full upgrade and GF upgrade.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cujek
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Just out of interest - would you mind telling me how much you paid? And when for?

We have Magic Plus passes and we're tempted ...!

Thanks
so we are going on Wednesday - Friday this week, 3 days 2 nights.

the room was £435 in the golden forest at the lodge and the meal plans were £139 for the 2 of us.

we also have the birthday deal at wild bills to use and the discount from the infinity pass, but we will just pay up for that.
Old 20 Jan 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

That is pretty good! Thanks.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekytink
VIP Dibber

cheekytink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
It's worth noting that on the meal plan you can choose to have a takeaway breakfast - at Sequoia it's available at the end of the bar near the stairs down to the exit. I know of people (not me as I haven't stayed GF) who have enjoyed the GF breakfast, then picked up a take-away breakfast on their way out of the hotel (as part of the meal plan) which they have used for lunch... Has anyone else ever done that?

Been to DLP 40+ times?
Yes... Yes I have.

DLP: 92,93,94 (twice), 95, 96, 98, 99, 00 (twice), 01,02,03, 05, 06 (twice) 07, 09, 10 (twice), 11, 12, 14, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (twice) 19 (x 4!), 2022 x2 .

WDW 94,96, 99, 10,11, 13, 14,15,17,18,19, 22 x2, 23 x4 and 24 booked x3 (so far!)
Solo visitor lover and DCL 2023 on the Disney Wish
DL 93
cheekytink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cujek
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
That is pretty good! Thanks.
I thought so, this was with the infinity discount though.

but we couldn't eat for less than that paying when there, so we just went for it.

Also we wasnt sure what the situation would be like with the strikes so we opted to hire a car instead of get the train from CDG, we normally drive from England but this time, with no toddler we decided to fly.

I cant wait, its going to be weird without our child there, but i think as adults you take different things from the experience.