Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jan 20, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Buses, Bars and Bargains. January 2020. Second travel day.

Index

Friday 10th January

I woke at 6.30 but managed to doze off again until 8.
We caught the 8.50 shuttle bus, another £4 each.
It was brilliant to have no cases. We entered Gatwick, went straight through security with no extra checks and Matt said the whole thing took 6 minutes! He loved having no cases. We normally travel with budget airlines and have all our luggage.
We looked in duty free and then headed to the spoons and I had a strawberry and lime cider and Matt had a San Migel, about £10 for both.

We also had breakfast, no breakfast wraps here so I had a small breakfast and Matt had scrambled eggs and added smoked salmon. I did get food envy. Cost £12.50

We got some newspapers from Smiths and went back to duty free as the spiced rum was only £12 for a litre (or £11.99 for 70cls)
The queue here was insane and only had 3 cashiers. I put the rum back as time was getting on and didn’t know how far the gate was.
Matt said I should have waited but luckily another smaller duty free was just near the gate (33) and was empty, much better.
We looked for a sandwich for Matt as he didn't see any before but he still couldn't see any that he wanted. He doesn't like butter and didn't fancy prawn mayo a few hours into the flight. Unfortunately they only had a coffee shop, I think Costa and no bar for one last drink.
We were in group 5 but didn’t rush to get on when we were called.
Take off was smooth and I had a wine when the drinks came round, I should have got a vodka as well but I didn’t realise the wine was with the meal. Matt managed to get 2 beers.
The meal was chicken and I had Matts as he didnt like it.. He had my roll and cheese and crackers.
Dessert was Black Forest mouse which was ok, I did manage Matts as well.

I watched Toy Story 4, loved this and nearly cried. Hustlers which was a typical J Lo movie, (ok but forgettable) she did look good though. Rocket man which I really enjoyed and didn’t realise how heavily into drugs Elton John was.
And my final movie was Yesterday which I have seen before but some of it was filmed in my hometown Gorleston so nice to see it again.
Matt watched every Gavin and Stacy episode he downloaded. He has never seen it but enjoyed the Xmas special I made him watch.
We had someone next to us that didn’t move the whole time!
I had to ask her to move for a toilet and drinks run at one point.

I asked her to move again later for another toilet break/drinks run but was told the alcohol had stopped being served. I think it was because the people near us were necking it. Honestly, I should have asked them to bring us some back.
We had a mini magnum and coronation chicken sandwich. Again Matt didn’t like his so I had his.

About an hour before we landed I was seriously fed up. I wanted the girl next to us to move just so I could get up, I felt bad keep having to ask her. I thought at this point I wouldn’t fly long haul again!
Anyway, we eventually landed and I prepared for passport control.
It wasn’t actually too busy and we were through in about half hour, maybe a little less.
It’s so nerve wracking and our guard was not a smiley one so what a relief to get through.
Cases were already on the carousal so we picked them up and headed out.
I said about getting an Uber but Matt saw the Lynx online for €2 each.
We had to walk to the A side of the airport, stop number 42. They say every half hour but we soon realised the times don’t actually match the timetable. We only waited about 10 minutes though and spoke to a lovely Canadian lady.
I was so impressed when the buses had cycle racks on the front, if only they did that here.
We only had a €5 bill and you need the exact amount so we just fed that in and we were on our way.
It took just over an hour and was fine, not the quickest way to get there but not horrific. Certainly doable if only one or two in your party.
However it was dark when we got onto International drive so had to look closely for our stop. As soon as Matt saw Midway Mania he pulled the cord (no bells there) and we made the short walk to Enclave Hotel and Suites.
Check in was smooth, we had a ground floor room which Matt didn’t like but I didn’t mind as we didn’t need to take lifts.
The room was a decent size.

I normally unpack but couldn’t be bothered.
Matt got changed, he was sweating and we went to the hotel bar. We had a free welcome drink so Matt got a beer with that and I just got a shandy. I didn’t really have time to look at the cocktail list. We were getting a little snappy with each other by now, we were tired and hungry, especially Matt as he didnt have anything on the plane.

It went down well then we walked to Chillis which was on the corner.
I love it here, I lived in Denver as an Au Pair for a year when I was 21 and we often ate out there.
The menu is huge, we went for the 2 meals for €25 which included an appetiser to share, a main each and dessert to share.
We also had a beer and margarita.

We had onion petals plus ordered unlimited chips and dips.

I had ribs and Matt had margarita chicken.

As we discovered the portions were not any smaller if they were on a special offer.
For dessert, I had a choice of 2 so went for the cookie. I did ask for the ice cream separate so Matt could have that but I don’t think he understood.

Total was €42.39

We left €50 as it was so good.
Back to the hotel and pretty much straight to sleep, about 9.30/10.00.

Edited at 05:27 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

The second part of travel day was a lovely read, thank you 😊
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
The second part of travel day was a lovely read, thank you 😊
Thank you, I have a day off so cracking on.
Ive just edited as we stayed at the Enclave, not the Embassy
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I must admit to always picking the aisle seat as I hate not being able to get out!

Your room is huge! And what a bargain for getting to the hotel!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good travel day

Joan
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
I must admit to always picking the aisle seat as I hate not being able to get out!

Your room is huge! And what a bargain for getting to the hotel!
Matt likes the window seat but normally we only fly for 2 hours.
An aisle seat is better on long haul.
The room was lovely, plenty of room for our stuff.

It’s worth getting the bus for the savings if you don’t mind a longer journey.
Old 23 Jan 20, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good travel day

Joan
Thank you, it was pretty stress free. Would have been nice to have a couple of extra drinks though lol.
Old 23 Jan 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great read, id hate feeling trapped in like that though id have to ask her to move, food looked lovely
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
great read, id hate feeling trapped in like that though id have to ask her to move, food looked lovely
Thank you.
I should have asked her, I just kept thinking no one can hold on for 9 hours! Well, some people can.
The food was so good and well needed.
Old 29 Jan 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I hate that last hour of the flight! Feels like you’re never going to land but all worth it when you do. Good travel day, thanks for posting 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List