Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jun 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Spall88
Looking for my Ears

Mobile Disney dinning help ? 2021

Hi
We are from U.K. and where waiting for the infamous free dinning offer well we gave up waiting and have just booked for April next year and paid for the quick service but I am now worried as have been posts saying there will be not dinning plans until September 2021 have I made a big mistake ?
Spall88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

It's all still very up in the air, but at the moment it sounds like if you have booked and paid for the dining plan you will get a refund. As yet however there's been no announcement on how this affects UK visitors.
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Spall88 View Post
Hi
We are from U.K. and where waiting for the infamous free dinning offer well we gave up waiting and have just booked for April next year and paid for the quick service but I am now worried as have been posts saying there will be not dinning plans until September 2021 have I made a big mistake ?
No big mistake. If they are not doing dining plans you won’t be made to pay for one.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Spall88
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
No big mistake. If they are not doing dining plans you won’t be made to pay for one.
The thing I am worried about is that I don’t think we will be able to afford to pay out of pocket for the food onsite if all dinning credits are cancelled 🤦🏼
Spall88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Would the refund from the dining plan not cover pretty much all of the cost?
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
The thing I am worried about is that I don’t think we will be able to afford to pay out of pocket for the food onsite if all dinning credits are cancelled 🤦🏼
We worked out the costs to pay for the plan this summer, And decided we’d spend less just paying out of pocket as we go.

Reasons why;
we don’t actually need the amount of food you get on the plan (although always managed to eat it when it’s free! )

if you price up the meals you actually could have...like if you fancy two options go for the cheaper option (or as a veggie it’s always the cheapest option)

And also we’ve done the DDP a lot so don’t need it to experience the restaurants/characters it provides

Look at the places you’d go, price up your meals and see what difference you come to. Worse scenario I think you’d break even. Just my workings out!

DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
They won’t charge you for the dining plan if they cancel them though so you’d have that money. Besides I don’t think the dining plan cancellation will continue into next year.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First off this is my opinion based on my thoughts:
I believe that Dining Plans will begin to re-appear from Jan '21, the Sept '21 "thing" is to give them some breathing room so that they don't have to constantly change things & having already been "caught out" when they were pushing for guests to move FD bookings into Jun-Oct- You've got to think that there are now a lot of Guests thinking "We should have just cancelled the first time!"
Now whether your question is "we've paid" for QSDP & were hoping to change when Free Dining is released, then I definately don't see there being any FD offer next year, again IMO
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
First off this is my opinion based on my thoughts:
I believe that Dining Plans will begin to re-appear from Jan '21, the Sept '21 "thing" is to give them some breathing room so that they don't have to constantly change things & having already been "caught out" when they were pushing for guests to move FD bookings into Jun-Oct- You've got to think that there are now a lot of Guests thinking "We should have just cancelled the first time!"
Now whether your question is "we've paid" for QSDP & were hoping to change when Free Dining is released, then I definately don't see there being any FD offer next year, again IMO
SD
September 2021 was removed very quickly from the announcement.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List