Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile Family disappeared from Virgin flight home!

We are currently in Florida, flying home in 10 days. I happened to log on to the VA app to check they hadn’t moved my return flight seats (again) but have stumbled across something potentially worse! All of my family have disappeared from the booking and the only person on the booking for the flight is me! Should I panic?! We booked direct with virgin, flew out via Atlanta with no issues. Our flight home is in upper class. It’s too late for me to phone them today but I wondered if anyone has experienced this?!
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
speedwayfan
Imagineer

speedwayfan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Maybe a problem with the app but just checked my future flights and all showing on there. However, if you want reassurance/help now you can call the USA number +1 800 862 8621

They're open 24 hours and quite often you're put through to UK anyway.

HTH
Jill
speedwayfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Oh thanks for the number - I was just about to search for a freephone no. So we can call from the villa. I’ve also checked our booking on the website and it’s only me on there too! I’ve also just noticed that they have changed the plane and there are not as many upper class seats. I’m worried my hubby and children have all been bumped off the flight! Surely not? !

Edited at 12:53 AM.
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 01:41 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post
Oh thanks for the number - I was just about to search for a freephone no. So we can call from the villa. I’ve also checked our booking on the website and it’s only me on there too! I’ve also just noticed that they have changed the plane and there are not as many upper class seats. I’m worried my hubby and children have all been bumped off the flight! Surely not? !
Bumped off the flight is possible... Which would be a right earner as a UC passenger if you was bumped to a later flight.

You need to give them a call to discuss in the morning after trying the website again.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

An earner in what way? Would we be in line for some kind of compensation? And would they make me fly home on my own, or could I insist that they move me to the same flight as hubby and kids?
Old 10 Apr 19, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

An earner in what way? Would we be in line for some kind of compensation? And would they make me fly home on my own, or could I insist that they move me to the same flight as hubby and kids?
In the sense if there is a lack of upper class seats and virgin offer to bump your full group, it will result in something like refund on that leg of the booking, return flights to anywhere in world per seat except Sydney, plus overnight funded accommodation .. This is based in pushing for the comp in the airport and based on the flight overbooked due to a flight change..

You just need to push hard for comp if this happens.. Though it is rare to be comped on this route, though if its due to ac change you could be ok.

Or it could just be a website issue at this time while they do some maintenance .. Common at this time of night...

Dont worry about it for the moment.. It will all work out some way or other.

Edited at 02:05 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
In the sense if there is a lack of upper class seats and virgin offer to bump your full group, it will result in something like refund on that leg of the booking, return flights to anywhere in world per seat except Sydney, plus overnight funded accommodation .. This is based in pushing for the comp in the airport and based on the flight overbooked due to a flight change..

You just need to push hard for comp if this happens.. Though it is rare to be comped on this route, though if its due to ac change you could be ok.

Or it could just be a website issue at this time while they do some maintenance .. Common at this time of night...
Ok that’s all good to know. I will be prepared when i phone in the morning! We’re actually doing a different route home - TPA - JFK - LHR. Is that more likely to be overbooked? I’ve checked the delta website and they’ve all disappeared from the delta leg too - just me left on there!
Old 10 Apr 19, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Ok that’s all good to know. I will be prepared when i phone in the morning! We’re actually doing a different route home - TPA - JFK - LHR. Is that more likely to be overbooked? I’ve checked the delta website and they’ve all disappeared from the delta leg too - just me left on there!
ah, so the delta internal flight and the VA flight...

if it was me, i would be doing nothing as its your return home flight and would allow them a few days to sort it out on their own accord.

If you call up 9 days before, they are just going to reroute you if the seats are over booked. (chances are it may be the internal flight but thats just a guess.) if ity was me i would wait to allow them to rebook all other passengers onto the flights to fill them up first then complain near the time when the options are more limited using the line of im a UC passenger... but thats your call.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
Old 10 Apr 19, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hmmm, decisions. I assume if they simply reroute me 9 days before, there wouldn’t be anything in the way of compensation offered?
Old 10 Apr 19, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

thats pre-guessing... but the call handler is not going to be able to offer the same as when you are stood in the airport.

Good luck.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02