Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Dec 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Sim card - At&T or Talkmobile?

I've found a couple of unlimited US sim cards on Amazon, sold by Mostsim, there are 2 on my shortlist with good reviews, one is using the Talkmobile network and the other AT&T. Which one would you choose?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Winter
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
I've found a couple of unlimited US sim cards on Amazon, sold by Mostsim, there are 2 on my shortlist with good reviews, one is using the Talkmobile network and the other AT&T. Which one would you choose?
We got back yesterday. I bought this one and it worked perfectly. Ordered a 12 day sim for our 10 day trip. Put it in the day we left uk and took it out when back at Gatwick. Had good strong covering during our Orlando trip and also used to create hotspot for both my girls to use when on shuttle buses etc.

MOST SIM - T-Mobile USA SIM Card... amazon/dp/B07L9M1G...p_mob_ap_share
Winter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Just wondered if anyone else has used either of the 2 sim cards on my shortlist as looking to buy it soon. Thanks so much.
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Its never occurred to me to get an American SIM, I usually just get one from Three for £10
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Does that have unlimited data please? I'm with Tesco mobile though, not 3.
Old 15 Jan 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm with Tesco Mobile too, I just switch to a Three sim when I go to USA
For £10 you get 4GB of data but they do others with more data. With the amount of wifi everywhere, I've never got close to using 4GB while over there.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
I'm with Tesco Mobile too, I just switch to a Three sim when I go to USA
For £10 you get 4GB of data but they do others with more data. With the amount of wifi everywhere, I've never got close to using 4GB while over there.
we were looking at the deal this month for unlimited data for £25 instead of £35, but if we buy the SIM card now do you know if it will still be valid for when we go in September if we don't put it into the phone until just before we go? TIA
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
bettyboopin
Proud to wear my Ears

My contract is with tescos which i think is T mobile... Do you think it will work in my phone as i think that it is locked to tescos

Edited at 05:37 PM. Reason: add wording
bettyboopin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
bosshogg
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by dee slack View Post
we were looking at the deal this month for unlimited data for £25 instead of £35, but if we buy the SIM card now do you know if it will still be valid for when we go in September if we don't put it into the phone until just before we go? TIA
Unless you plan on using it in the UK , there is no point in the higher tariffs. Three max out at 12GB for use abroad. And the PAYG sim add on is for 30 days.
bosshogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 20, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bosshogg View Post
Unless you plan on using it in the UK , there is no point in the higher tariffs. Three max out at 12GB for use abroad. And the PAYG sim add on is for 30 days.
ah, so for use in the US, the most we can actually use there is 12gb, even if we had the unlimited? Thanks for that, didn't realise and we'd only need it while we're there (3 week trip, Route 66 for directions and Disneyland for FP bookings etc).
Will go and have a look at the smaller plans - like the 12gb data, would we be able to use all that in the US in the 30 days?
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List