Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 May 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin from Glasgow- any info?

We have flights booked with delta on a virgin code share August 22nd but with the recent announcement I am unsure if these will go ahead. The comms only referred to LHR and Man making me think that virgin would be pulling out of Glasgow this year- what are your thoughts on this? Has anyone heard or read anything different?
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi think we’re on the same flight. I WhatsApp Virgin Atlantic this morning and asked the question but I don’t expect a reply for a while. It does seem a bit suspect that Glasgow has not been mentioned 😞
Old 7 May 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

We're due to go at the end of the month, it's not happening.

I honestly don't see a direct service from Glasgow this year, when they start flying again they'll be concentrating on getting operations going from LHR & MAN, if they do a regional service from Glasgow or Belfast this year i'll be shocked - more so because of the volume of aircraft that are grounded and the re-training that would be needed for the 747 pilots.
Old 7 May 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
We're due to go at the end of the month, it's not happening.

I honestly don't see a direct service from Glasgow this year, when they start flying again they'll be concentrating on getting operations going from LHR & MAN, if they do a regional service from Glasgow or Belfast this year i'll be shocked - more so because of the volume of aircraft that are grounded and the re-training that would be needed for the 747 pilots.
VS are stilling selling Belfast to MCO tickets for 31st May.

I appreciate they still need to update their systems. But still, they are very slow. To be still taking money from people for May flights or even June, at this stage isnt great.

Edited at 11:48 AM.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

we're booked on the direct flight from Glasgow at the end of August and paid for seats in the bubble too. so also wondering what will happen with our seats and if indeed there will be any direct flights from GLA at all.
i wondered if they would move us to the direct flight from MAN, if it is running then
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I messaged Virgin Atlantic last night on FB and asked as we are due to fly 31st of July, if I get a response I will let you know.
Unicorn13x is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Mobile

I think my holiday is doomed lol. I should be flying out tomorrow but got it moved to August. At first it was will flights still go to America, then will virgin go bust and now it’s if they actually fly from Glasgow and if not what’s the options. Hopefully we’ll find out soon 😊
Old 7 May 20, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
col1968
Apprentice Imagineer

I was supposed to flying to Cyprus tomorrow, have lost that holiday now Florida too, what a year, 2020 will never be forgotten! - tbh if they pull Glasgow flights I think I will be relieved as then I will be eligible for a refund and given my family are not keen on going now with the CV situation in the US, that would be the best option I could hope for!
col1968 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
I’m hoping they will transfer the flights to Manchester. I know it’s a bit of a hassle coming back up the road but will just need to get on with it 😊
scotsprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

We have flights booked with VA from Glasgow in October. First trip with grandchildren. Seats booked in bubble. Booked with VA because it's a direct flight. Indirect not an option due to grandchildren needs.