Notices

Old 2 Jun 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
You've got all the main things planned you'll have a ball. We also did a day trip to Washington DC and I'd highly recommend a boat in Central Park. We did the circle line cruise too along with your list. Can I make a suggestion if she hasn't seen gossip girl ... it's amazing even I got addicted 🙈 ... and has way more New York scenes than friends . If she has Netflix she could download for the plane

Ps if you walk over Brooklyn bridge you must go to dumbo street in the left. That's the street where you see the Empire State Building through the bridge - it's iconic and a fab photo opportunity - totally stumbled on it by accident last time and not at all far from the bridge

My 2015 trip report
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...light=Nyc+pofq
Still to do a 2017 one
Thanks a lot Mrs Dee, i had heard of the Dumbo area but wasn’t sure what was there so will definately make sure we go - noticed the link to your report so spending a sunny afternoon in the garden reading that 😀😀
Old 2 Jun 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by singerella View Post
Oh wow, what a lucky girl! I was just like your daughter and was a childhood dream, but I had to wait until I was 30 to go! We've been to NY twice now with no kids and must admit to feeling a bit guilty, but we had an absolute ball! Can't wait to take them all there one day. We managed to get crown tickets for statue of liberty last time which was fantastic, highly recommend if you can bag them...they go early though. The views from Ellis island were amazing too. Good luck on getting tickets for Wicked, we saw Lion King (booked in advance) but hubby almost fell to sleep as he was so tired from walking all day! On a different note, I read lots of NY chick-lit before going if your daughters into that? I heart new york was a good one. Whatever you decide, have fun, it'll be incredible!
It’s brilliant to realise a childhood dream and especially when it meets expectations! I know my daughter will be thrilled... but is already talking about a next time 🙈🙈!
We have crown tickets I booked them as soon as they were available... got 9am on our first morning so hopefully won’t be too busy or hot at that time.
My daughter is not a reader but its watching lots of you tube videos!
Thanks so
Much for your comments 😀
Old 2 Jun 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
Hi, your trip sounds fab and very similar to our own. We travel later this month also with our 15 yr old DD. First time for all of us, we're so excited. Counting the days
Have a wonderful time and let me know if there’s any must do’s that i’ve missed! 😀
Old 2 Jun 18, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Yay, so excited to read this and relive our own NYC memories and get new ideas for our next visit

That's the same route from Aberdeen that we flew. I hope you get a lucky upgrade! (We didn't )

Love that your DD is so excited to have her wish come true, I hope you all have an amazing time.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Yay, so excited to read this and relive our own NYC memories and get new ideas for our next visit

That's the same route from Aberdeen that we flew. I hope you get a lucky upgrade! (We didn't )

Love that your DD is so excited to have her wish come true, I hope you all have an amazing time.
Hi Lynda,

Great that you’re planning to return I’ve enjoyed all your trip reports and always handy to compare flights with another aberdeen flyer! How was your flight it’s been a long time since we flew long haul with BA... we only have an hour in Heathrow between flights which makes me a little nervous!
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Hi Lynda,

Great that you’re planning to return I’ve enjoyed all your trip reports and always handy to compare flights with another aberdeen flyer! How was your flight it’s been a long time since we flew long haul with BA... we only have an hour in Heathrow between flights which makes me a little nervous!
Hi Julie, we will definitely be returning at some point, it's a great place. Our flights were good, we like BA. I think we had to change terminals at Heathrow, but I can't remember how long we had to connect. I don't think it was a long connection though, I seem to remember going straight through, no hanging about. I'm sure you'll be fine.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
SURPRISE! We’re going to New York... no you’re not staying at The Plaza... UPDATE 2 WEEKS TO GO

So just under 2 weeks to go - so excited, I’ve only 3 days left to work and then I am off for the school holidays, 6 weeks of free time! BLISS
We have a busy time ahead of us, my hubby is cycling the North Coast 500 from Friday 6th till Tuesday 10th, and I am taking my mum away for a few days at the same time so really I have this week to get organised as it will be Wednesday the 11th before we are all back home together. I can’t do last minute packing - it makes me stressed, so planning to get a suitcase down tomorrow and my daughter and I will do some packing - cue confused/questioning look on face of husband? ! You should know me by now dear!?

And Wednesday and Thursday will be a mixture of pre-burglar cleaning, a trip to the doctor for my ‘happy flight’ pills and various beautician appointments. I have decided to treat daughter to a spray tan so I can avoid the possibility of murder by fake tan, if we are forced to wait for her to bronze herself to a nice shade of mahogany every morning before we can leave the building!

We have decided not to book seats on the flight, feel BA prices are a bit cheeky so we’ll just hope for the best. Daughter is old enough to cope with sitting on her own if the worst was to happen, so for the first time ever we are going to wing it! I was following what will be our flight in 2 weeks time yesterday on the flight radar app (what a saddo! Does anyone else do this?) and the flight time was just under 7 hours - excellent, jet stream please stay where you are for the next fortnight!
I finally booked Wicked tickets this week, I’ve been watching the ticket booths but they are still not available from there, so had to bite the bullet and pay up 💵💵! My dad had said he would buy my daughter her ticket for her birthday but as this was back in March I think he’s forgotten as he’s not mentioned it for a while... Eh Dad about that birthday present...
The Ride is also booked their website is very easy to use and its great that you can book online as part of the Explorer Pass - they were also excellent when I asked if we could change my original booking to another day - within 10 minutes of receiving my request I had received my new confirmation email and details of the new booking, excellent customer service!
So that’s about it I think, we’ve printed off everything from ESTA’s to airport parking, FX cards need a wee top up but with the exchange rate being so excruciatingly low we keep putting it off, daughter and I will pop into town later today and get some currency and do a toiletries shop - I love a holiday toiletries shop!
Hopefully I’ve not forgotten anything major, feeling quite organised - let’s hope it stays that way.
Thanks so much for reading x
Old 30 Jun 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
So just under 2 weeks to go - so excited, I’ve only 3 days left to work and then I am off for the school holidays, 6 weeks of free time! BLISS
We have a busy time ahead of us, my hubby is cycling the North Coast 500 from Friday 6th till Tuesday 10th, and I am taking my mum away for a few days at the same time so really I have this week to get organised as it will be Wednesday the 11th before we are all back home together. I can’t do last minute packing - it makes me stressed, so planning to get a suitcase down tomorrow and my daughter and I will do some packing - cue confused/questioning look on face of husband? ! You should know me by now dear!?

And Wednesday and Thursday will be a mixture of pre-burglar cleaning, a trip to the doctor for my ‘happy flight’ pills and various beautician appointments. I have decided to treat daughter to a spray tan so I can avoid the possibility of murder by fake tan, if we are forced to wait for her to bronze herself to a nice shade of mahogany every morning before we can leave the building!

We have decided not to book seats on the flight, feel BA prices are a bit cheeky so we’ll just hope for the best. Daughter is old enough to cope with sitting on her own if the worst was to happen, so for the first time ever we are going to wing it! I was following what will be our flight in 2 weeks time yesterday on the flight radar app (what a saddo! Does anyone else do this?) and the flight time was just under 7 hours - excellent, jet stream please stay where you are for the next fortnight!
I finally booked Wicked tickets this week, I’ve been watching the ticket booths but they are still not available from there, so had to bite the bullet and pay up 💵💵! My dad had said he would buy my daughter her ticket for her birthday but as this was back in March I think he’s forgotten as he’s not mentioned it for a while... Eh Dad about that birthday present...
The Ride is also booked their website is very easy to use and its great that you can book online as part of the Explorer Pass - they were also excellent when I asked if we could change my original booking to another day - within 10 minutes of receiving my request I had received my new confirmation email and details of the new booking, excellent customer service!
So that’s about it I think, we’ve printed off everything from ESTA’s to airport parking, FX cards need a wee top up but with the exchange rate being so excruciatingly low we keep putting it off, daughter and I will pop into town later today and get some currency and do a toiletries shop - I love a holiday toiletries shop!
Hopefully I’ve not forgotten anything major, feeling quite organised - let’s hope it stays that way.
Thanks so much for reading x
Ha ha- new improved version !
I will look forward to reading as we are staying in the Broadway Plaza with a Home Alone fan.

Hope you manage to get seats together. I don’t pay for seats either but this trip I managed to get good a price for Virgin Classic flights so felt quite pleased with myself going straight on to book our seats.

Hope you and your family have a fabulous trip and I will read with interest to crib your ideas !

Edited at 10:27 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Ha ha- new improved version !
I will look forward to reading as we are staying in the Broadway Plaza with a Home Alone fan.

Hope you manage to get seats together. I don’t pay for seats either but this trip I managed to get good a price for Virgin Classic flights so felt quite pleased with myself going straight on to book our seats.

Hope you and your family have a fabulous trip and I will read with interest to crib your ideas !
Haha yes I got it right eventually! Great that you got good flight prices that’s half the battle! We are thinking about phoning BA today to enquire about upgrade prices, a friend managed to upgrafe the return leg of her summer trip to Miami for £83 each! We never seem to be lucky with anything like that though.
Thanks so much for your comments x
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
am enjoying reading your reports & have just found this
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List