Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 29 Oct 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

#Squadgoals. Salou/Portaventura October 2018. Day 5, Ferrari Land and Portaventura.

Monday 22nd October 2018

The day we were really looking forward to, our first visit to Ferriari Land and hopefully a quiet day at Portaventura.
We woke at 8.15, quickly got ready and went for breakfast.

We didn’t see anyone else about this morning. We grabbed a Diet Coke each then walked to the theme park. We got there just before 10.30 and straight into Ferrari Land.

It was really well themed but we wanted to ride Red Force so legged it there. Jess and I had a quick toilet break first.
Red Force was showing a 20 minute wait, the single rider was empty but it looked like you had to queue with everyone else before it broke off, but maybe we missed the start of the line. Anyway we didn’t want to ride alone today and was happy with the 20 minutes.
Jess and I were very nervous, I did nearly bottle it after the Shambhala nightmare the other night but stuck it out.
Jess noticed that you could see the ride at every point in the queue.
Jess and Matt got the front row, me behind. Jess had to take her glasses off and they were given goggles to wear.
This ride is absolutely brilliant, and that’s a big thing coming from me.
It shoots you up and down so fast. I even managed to scream, I did say I’m going to die a couple of times but I still loved it.
The queue times had shot up but we promised to return later for another go.
We had a quick look at the cars.

We didn’t spend long in here, I’m sure it’s very interesting if you like cars.
Grand Race (I think that’s what it is called, I lost my map so going by google) was showing an hour so we went into watch Flying Dreams. This was showing 20 minutes and it was about that.
It’s pretty similar to Soarin, but you follow a Ferrari about. We did enjoy it but wouldn’t wait any longer than we did. Unlike Soarin, where you walk in on the floor and get a seat, this has a platform so you dont actually know how far off the ground you are. This did unnerve me a little.
Matt and I had to take our flip flops off and put them in the storage underneath.
We had a look in the shop, Dd liked the hoodies but at €80 decided against purchasing one.

We moved into Portaventura, getting our hand stamped on the way out.

We normally grab a locker for a towel/change of clothes and save the water rides until last but this means you are walking back on yourself, plus it was such a lovely day we knew it wouldn't take long to dry out.
We started off in Far West and the rapids, one of Jessica’s favourites.
It was pretty much a walk on. We had a tub to ourselves and were all doing well keeping dry. Until the end where we got soaked by a water shooter.
We had another turn and the same thing happened, although Matt got most of it while trying to move to avoid it.

This was at the end, but I don’t think they like people taking photos as we got told off in Spanish.
Next was Wild Buffalos, it was a walk on, this was more like it.
Another round of head on bashing and then onto Tomahawk as we enjoyed it the other night. We queued for about 15 minutes. Stampida was showing 40 minutes so gave that a miss, I still had bruises from the other night.
Then the Silver River Flume, a walk on, I sneakily took these. Another good family ride.

We carried on through Mexico, Serpiente Emplumada was down which was a shame as we all like that.
We saw some characters with no one waiting.

Jess and I went on the horses (los potrillos I think) mainly because I want to get another now and then photo but Matt only took blurred photos of Jess so I just have this one of me.

El Diablo was next, a fun little roller coaster. Wait time was 15 minutes.
China was the next destination, Jess really had really found her love of coasters and her and Matt went on Dragon Khan. I sat this one out. They waited for about 30 minutes and Jess loved it.
While they were waiting, a boy had been refused after waiting, he was really upset and waited with his Mum for his Dad to ride. I felt so sorry for him, and don’t think I would have went on if my child had been refused.
Matt and Jess are somewhere on there.

Shambhala was next on the list, it was showing 50 minutes so Matt and Jess tried the single rider lane.
While I was waiting I took this photo, mother and daughter goals.

They came off without riding as only one carriage was going and time was getting on now. Ferrari Land closed at 5pm.
We bypassed Sesamoaventura and into Polynesia for Tutuki Splash.
We walked on this but then got held at the gate as it went down. We debated leaving but gave it 5 minutes and it started up again, we were in the middle row. I thought the first row gets the majority of the splash but I have to say we all came off pretty soaked. We love this ride.
Back into Mediterrania and the exit. Furius Baco was showing no wait, a rarity as it’s the first ride as you enter the park but it was now 4.20 and we had to ride Red Force again. We had our tickets scanned on the way in, I was going to throw them away, good job I didn't.
We were expecting a long wait but to our surprise and delight, everything was showing 0 wait times. We all walked on Red Force.

Jess and Matt had the back row this time. It was just as good as the first ride, just not as smooth as the front.
Matt and Jess raced round to ride again while I watched from the viewing area. I tried to film them but failed.

They had the back row and could have rode again but I think even they had enough now. It wasn’t quite 5, and I suggested the Grand Race cars but we were theme parked out now. We don’t normally do full days but time flew by today.
We went back into Portaventura to look in the shop. Jess got some shorts for €15.95 and an ashtray for my mum for €4.95.
We did get a bottle of water at some point in the day for €2.20.
We walked back to the hotel as we didn’t bother topping our bus card up and got back just before 6 and just in time for a quick snack.

Tracey and Paul were at the outside bar and said the others had gone out for dinner. We couldn’t be bothered to go out again so we all showered and got changed then met Tracey and Paul for dinner.

We walked to Shooters to watch the Arsenal/Leicester match. Paul supports Arsenal, I am originally from Leicester but I’m not a football fan.
Tracy and I had pink gin and lemonade and the boys had beer and it came to just under €20.

The others came and met us.

Then we headed back, Jess went to bed and we decided to make the most of our last night in the Apple bar.
Matt had a beer and I had a cocktail,I think it was gin, vodka and cava with orange juice, cost was €7.25

Normally the bar is quiet but a coach party of teenagers were having a great time dancing. The dj did play most songs requested and we all had a boogie.

I asked for another song and was surprised when he said it was 2am and he stopped playing.
We all could have carried on, Sandy googled places that were still open but couldn’t find any, which was for the best.
Last ones standing

We ahem quietly made our way back and fell into bed.

Edited at 11:47 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

You packed a lot of rides in! Must visit one day!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
You packed a lot of rides in! Must visit one day!
It’s a great theme park, especially when it’s not too busy.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ooh, I knew that you could go into PortAventura on the same day as the Ferrari Land visit, but didn't realise that you could then go back into Ferrari again - this will be really handy to know for our next visit as we love Red Force
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
Ooh, I knew that you could go into PortAventura on the same day as the Ferrari Land visit, but didn't realise that you could then go back into Ferrari again - this will be really handy to know for our next visit as we love Red Force
Just keep your ticket, I nearly binned them as we had the stamp. I wish we had gone in an extra half hour before we did, everything was a walk on.
I have been enjoying your trip report, brings back good memories. Not sure when we will return to Salou now, Dd is off to uni in September and won’t get half terms off and we don’t fancy a busy park in the summer.