Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Jan 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
wynfield114
Proud to wear my Ears

Question virgin villa advice required please

Hi
We are looking at booking a standard villa with virgin holidays but dont have an exact location for the villa just a general area has anyone had any experience with this type of holiday and could you give us a clue as to what to expect.

wynfield114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We have had two allocated on arrival virgin villas and both were beautiful. They were incredibly clean and well maintained. I preferred the first villa, my husband preferred the second, for various reasons - one was a house, other a bungalow, one was in a gated community, but both have been on the brink of the 30 minutes to Disney, one was in Southern Dunes, the other across from Contempto, who manage the villas and you need to go there within 24 hours of getting the villa to register. You go to the virgin rep in the airport who give you a sheet with villa info, directions and your lock box/door code number so you can straight to the villa. We wouldn’t hesitate to do another AOA virgin villa.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
nats1211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We did a standard AOA villa with Virgin in July 2017. Our villa was in Davenport just off Lee Jackson Highway (I can still hear the sat nav saying that in my head 😂🤦🏼) and it was 30 mins away, some days we did hit traffic on the I4 coming home rather than going. Location wise we were near a Publix (think waitrose equivalent) near plenty of restaurants and the villa was lovely, we got a 4 bed in a residential area which meant it was quite chilled.
If I’m honest if we did a villa again I would prefer to pick my own as I hated not knowing where we’d be beforehand. The only thing is obviously with AOA you do have the protection of being allocated something else if it went wrong and I’ve also seen horror stories where people have had their villa cancelled with days to go so it’s picking what you’re most comfortable with.
nats1211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hi we will be staying at a virgin AOA villa in 3 weeks time. Will try and remember to take photos and give feedback. If I forget feel free to message and remind me.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
wynfield114
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all for your replies
wynfield114 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond

Originally Posted by wynfield114 View Post
Hi
We are looking at booking a standard villa with virgin holidays but dont have an exact location for the villa just a general area has anyone had any experience with this type of holiday and could you give us a clue as to what to expect.

Hi as promised here are my thoughts on our AOA Standard virgin villa. We arrived last night and have been put in a 4bed villa in the terra Verda community and omg I’m in love with our villa and the community. It is beautiful, clean and has everything we need. The pool is warm and the surrounding community is not too far from Disney, beautifully landscaped with clubhouse, pool, games room etc and close to a Walmart and restaurants. It is also gated so nice and safe. Our villa looks out on to a lake, and is what we would have booked privately.
disneydiamond is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:45 AM  
Link to this Post
disneydiamond

Originally Posted by wynfield114 View Post
Hi

Hi as promised here are my thoughts on our AOA Standard virgin villa. We arrived last night and have been put in a 4bed villa in the terra Verda community and omg I’m in love with our villa and the community. It is beautiful, clean and has everything we need. The pool is warm and the surrounding community is not too far from Disney, beautifully landscaped with clubhouse, pool, games room etc and close to a Walmart and restaurants. It is also gated so nice and safe. Our villa looks out on to a lake, and is what we would have booked privately.