Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 20 Feb 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Disney Buses Journey Time?

Hi, we are booked to stay ay All Star Movies at the beginning of July.

Can anyone tell me how long the bus journey is from there to Disney Springs? Does it do many stops on the way and where?

Also from the hotel to Animal Kingdom?

We will have a car but just wondering whether its better to take the buses or use the car.

Thanks
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Have a look at our laughing place gives you a rough guides of times
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

OLP is a good place to find all the alternate ways of going places

now you can also apply a rule of thumb

it's 15 minutes on a bus, from any hotel to any park (sure, some will be shorter, but let's have a rule of thumb)

on that travel time you must add the wait time, which stands typically between 5 minutes (lucky to find the bus at the stop) to 20 minutes (drat ... it just left ... )

so you're looking at anywhere between 20 minutes to 45 minutes, door to door , from your room to the security checkpoint at the park you're going to

note that buses don't run between hotels, so you have to make a change at a park which may double the travel times quoted above.

EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom are slightly faster by car (same drive time, but no waiting for buses, to and from the parks)
magic kingdom is another story. The buses drop you right at the park's gates, when the parking lot is at TTC and require a monorail or boat transfert
so you want to avoid taking the car to MK if you can.. for all 3 other parks you can do either, and prefer the car if you need to do things like : your hotel to a park, the off to another hotel for dining, the back to your hotel)
for the lesser parks (waterparks, minigolf) prefer the car

for disney springs, I take the car if it's early (from 9 to 11am) as parking is easier. But starting from noon, I'll take a bus. And if it's friday, saturday or sunday, I don't set a wheel anywhere near the madness that DS becomes ... (actually I don't go at all on those days, not even in dreams, problem solved)
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies. Had a look on OLP but that didn't factor in the wait times as highlighted by chmurf. Thanks for that extra detail.

So if we take the car to AK then I assume we would then have to pay parking? Think we wouldn't if we left it at the hotel. Is that right? How much is parking now?
Old 20 Feb 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie28143
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
Thanks for the replies. Had a look on OLP but that didn't factor in the wait times as highlighted by chmurf. Thanks for that extra detail.

So if we take the car to AK then I assume we would then have to pay parking? Think we wouldn't if we left it at the hotel. Is that right? How much is parking now?
Hi
Parking at the parks is still free for guests - if staying onsite. 😊

blondie28143 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
flutterby
slightly serious Dibber

Oh that's great then, thanks.
Do we just show Magic bands to get the free parking?
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
Oh that's great then, thanks.
Do we just show Magic bands to get the free parking?
Yes they will scan your band at the booth

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List