Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 22 Feb 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Macbie
Being a bit Goofy

Hairdryer question!

When I used my own hair dryer in Orlando it just very, very gently blew at my head however when I used the one provided in our villa it did exactly the same.

Should I buy a hairdryer over there? I like a powerful hairdryer can anyone recommend one?

My straighteners didn't do much either but I am not sure if that was because I had to just let my hair dry naturally therefore it was beyond control or if I should invest in some cheap but good straighteners when we are there too?
Macbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Unless you have dual-voltage then yours will give you the result you experienced! Strange that the ones in the villa did the same though... you can certainly buy a range of fairly powerful hairdryers and straighteners at quite low cost from Walmart / Target etc.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Also keep in mind you are fighting the heat and humidity in Florida. My hair is easy at home, 1500 miles to the north. I have surrendered and accept full thick friz in Florida and bring pony tail bands. Shampoo, hair straighteners, hairdyers are no match for heat and humidity.

I'll even admit to longer time frames between washes but I have yet to go long enough to avois the friz.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotscraig
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Scotscraig's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I would recommend buying one. I have curly hair and use a diffuser so used to struggle with a travel dryer or the one in the hotel as I couldn't get a travel one with a diffuser. In 2016 i bought a Revlon hairdryer in Target for $23 and it is great, I have taken it with me every year since and it was well worth the $23. Wish I'd bought one years ago.
Food trip report Oct 2017 with DDP
Food trip report Oct 2018 with DDP

DL 1995, WDW 1998, 2001, Sheraton Vistana Villages 2012, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2014, HRH/WL 2015, WL 2016, AKL 2017, SSR 2018, Newport Bay DLP 2019, Sheraton Vistana Resort 2019
Scotscraig is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I also bought a fairly cheap one years ago in Walmart I think it has lasted years so worth it, I have give up attempting to straighten my hair in Florida though 🙄

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I bough a cheap one in Walmart and it’s great, don’t need to remember an adapter plug for it either
I use ghds and they worked fine
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Macbie
Being a bit Goofy

Thanks very much everyone - I will buy them over there - 2 things less to pack in my suitcase
Macbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
Also keep in mind you are fighting the heat and humidity in Florida. My hair is easy at home, 1500 miles to the north. I have surrendered and accept full thick friz in Florida and bring pony tail bands. Shampoo, hair straighteners, hairdyers are no match for heat and humidity.

I'll even admit to longer time frames between washes but I have yet to go long enough to avois the friz.
Agreed! Living in Florida my hair is fairly curly for the first time in my life. I certainly don't try and fight it if it is humid outside.