Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Feb 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It’s very much like Soarin, it isn’t like Spider-Man as in Spider-Man you are in a moving car. Here the thing you sit on just moves up and down a little bit. Both myself and my family were a bit underwhelmed with the ride, we were expecting more than a jazzed up Soarin to be honest.
We thought it was amazing, hugely superior to Soarin’, in fact we might not even bother with Soarin again, unless you get front and centre all you see is feet and a bendy Eiffel Tower.

At Universal, DH started to get queasy on some of the simulator rides, not happened to him before and he was a bit disappointed about it, but he was fine on FOP.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We thought it was amazing, hugely superior to Soarin’, in fact we might not even bother with Soarin again, unless you get front and centre all you see is feet and a bendy Eiffel Tower.

At Universal, DH started to get queasy on some of the simulator rides, not happened to him before and he was a bit disappointed about it, but he was fine on FOP.
I agree it's superior to Soarin but this I think is due to the bigger screen, the 3d and the lack of distortion that Soarin' has. But it is essentially the same thing, you sit on a seat in front of a single big screen with dozens of others (look back when on FOP and see all the people, I was surprised how many there are), and your seat moves to match the on screen action.
Spiderman and moreover the Harry Potter under the castle are much superior rides in my view. Spiderman has you moving through sets in a car, interspersed with 3D screens. Harry Potter is similar but has you suspended on a giant robotic arm adapted from the car production industry, the arm twisting you in all directions as it moves through the sets.
In terms of pushing the boundaries of ride design, I think FOP is fairly limited. I am not saying it's bad, it is a good ride, but for me and the family we all thought it was very much overhyped.
The land itself though is fabulous, particularly at night and I am a fan of the Naavi River Journey: Just wish it was longer.
Old 24 Feb 19, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

FOP is really well done and I don't see why any one of any age should not ride as long as they are able to meet the minimum heat.
As Yorkshire T says its not groundbreaking and the potter ride pushes ride technology much further then any other ride I have come across.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List