MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sailing the the Yacht Club Sept - Oct '14. Pre Trippie :-)

Well it's time for another trip report to begin, I wasn't going to do one, but they are so great to look back on.

This year it's our 10th visit to Orlando and after our lovely family villa trip last year, we knew that it would be back to just us two and that we were going back onsite, so we thought that we should have a change from the Beach Club, which we love and have stayed at on our last 3 onsite trips. After much deliberation we decided on ... the Yacht Club - yep we moved next door!
We booked YC for 2 weeks Sept 23rd to Oct 7th which is our favourite time of the year to go, and we were happy that we got the free DDP and a $200 gift card included, which is why we booked earlier than usual.

We're flying from Manchester with Virgin and we've booked extra leg room seats as usual - for my long legs.
The night before we're staying at Bewley's at the airport, we've stayed there before and got a good early deal for stay and park.
We also managed to blag the Vroom free, so we'll enjoy breakfast and relaxing in there pre flight.

This is us by the way, Sue and Russ, both a bit over 21! We like to take it easy, enjoy a bottle of wine with our meals and if we miss anything in the parks, well we do it next time :-)

So far our plans include :
MNSSHP
The UnDiscovered FutureWorld tour at Epcot

ADRs are made for the following:
Chefs de France
Be Our Guest
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Flying Fish
Hollywood and Vine (Fantasmic package)
Narcoosee's
Fultons Crab House
House of Blues
Coral Reef
Beaches and Cream
Captains Grille for 2 breakfasts

I've got insurance sorted, renewed both passports and still need to do our Estas.

We haven't bought tickets for any other parks yet, and can't decide whether to. I'm waiting for our FP day to arrive in a couple of weeks, we don't normally bother but like everyone else I feel that I need to make them now.

Well that's all for now, see you soon.

Well I've done our Estas and I've already made a change to our dining ( there'll probably be more!), I've cancelled Beaches and Cream as we can pop there for take out or ice cream any day, and booked Via Napoli instead. So the list now is:

I'm off work and in major a planning mood - so API is completed, and I'm sorting out my Disney jewellery, I didn't realise I had as much stuff :-)

I must stop faffing around with ADRs. It's because there's nothing left to plan for a couple of weeks, so I keep changing restaurants - and ordering new tops!
So ... today I've cancelled Via Napoli and booked Tusker House for a (very early) dinner . We usually have a trip to Boma, so decided to try this as the menu looks similar, and chose dinner as we prefer no characters.
I've also been checking room numbers at YC, so I can try my luck later on at putting a request in.
So that's my little update, by for now :-)

And today it came to pass that the 61st day was upon us ... which can only mean one thing now - yes an early morning rise tomorrow to book fast passes.
How things change, and not for the better IMO. Ive got used to knowing where and when we want to eat in 6 months time! But I've never had to wake up early 60 days before a holiday in order to ensure that we get a ride with seven dwarves, woody or Brer Rabbit! Am I worrying unduly, will we still get on if I don't get up at the crack of dawn ? Anyway I'll report back tomorrow to let you know how I get on - Russ is very kindly going to set the alarm for ME to get up! :-)

Well I've been and done it - got FP for most of our favourites over the 2 weeks. We know that others, like Pirates, we can get onto quite easily, especially at MNSSHP when it's often a walk on, and on some rides, Rock and Roller Coaster etc, we'll use the single rider line. I got 2 FP each for Seven Dwarves Mine Train, Soarin' and TSM which were the ones we wanted most. I'm so glad I don't have to plan character meets for children who might get disappointed !

Apart from sending a room request, and checking in for flight, resort and car hire we're ready and willing to go now :-). Shame we have to wait nearly 2 months!

The time is slowly creeping along, but we have less than 3 weeks to go. I've just been browsing the Virgin onboard retail page, and they have an extra £5 off the onboard prices if you prebook - result! Got my Jo Malone for £57 (it's £82 in the shops), so I don't need to pack perfume and I'll feel as if I'm getting a present onboard.
All the holiday paperwork is printed and stored safely with our dollars, and the bank knows we're going.
The suitcases are down from the loft and I've started to sort our clothes out and buy new toothbrushes etc.
I'm starting to worry about our room at YC. For the first time ever, we've just booked a standard view and I'm having nightmares about carparks and rooftops :-(. It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Perhaps the upgrade fairy will come ... or perhaps not!
3 weeks today we'll be mid Atlantic :-)))))))

Just over a week to go! The packing is going well, and we've remembered to photocopy our passports etc.
I've taken my reeeeaaally comfy old sandals to have the elastic on the buckle replaced and they are going with me again just in case. It's like walking round in a pair of slippers!
The diet, unfortunately, has gone anything but well - I think I'm the fattest I've ever been for my holiday. Well it's too late now, but it's not going to be pretty getting from a sun lounger into the water I'll tell you!
I've just done Alamo OLCI and had a great result - we've been upgraded from the compact car, which we always book when there's just 2 of us, up to a mid size SUV - happy days :-).
I'm sending a fax to YC tomorrow with a room request, fingers crossed x and then only 3 long shifts to work and that's me ready to de stress before we go.

No comment apart from yaaaay 😃

I've just changed our last night ADR from Narcoosee's to Jiko where we've never been and we do enjoy a visit to AKL!
We finally set off for Manchester airport tomorrow, so I'll do OLCI before we go and I'm tempted to ring first about the price of upgrading to PE if possible - I've already sorted fast track security, checked into the Yacht Club, and rung them with our room request. The bags are packed ready and I just need to sort the overnight bag for Bewley's.
The sad thing we've done is buy 2 lightweight cagoules as the weather is probably going to more heavy rain than normal - but are we bothered? No, we just can't wait to get there - see you soon 😃

DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 14, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
*Lauren-J*
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds amazing! Looking forward to hearing more plans!

Dec 2009 - 1st WDW Visit for Christmas and New-Year!
Aug 2011 - Treat Trip To with the Taggart's
Jan 2015 - 1st DLP Trip with the Sis
April 2015 - 3rd WDW Trip WE GOT ENGAGED!
*Lauren-J* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 14, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great introduction I look forward to reading your reports. . . Were off on our first Disney trip at the end of October so hopefully reading your reports before we go will give me inspiration. . These trippies are addictive reading!
Have a lovely holiday x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks both of you, I must admit I'm doing it the lazy way by using the app but hopefully that will mean I put more pics on.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Blondie1979
VIP Dibber

Blondie1979's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 30
Great start! I'm liking the sound of what you've planned already especially the Undiscovered Future World Tour!

We have booked ELR seats on Virgin for our trip on Monday! I too have long legs so I'm hoping they will be just that little bit more comfy.

Anna x x
Old 9 Jul 14, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ooh 4 days ! Have a great time, and yes the ELR seats are far more comfortable for us long legs
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 9 Jul 14, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Great start and loving the look of what you've already got planned... Not long before you go!
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshiredisney
Excited about Disney

Keep a look out I'll post some pics of our trip in august staying at the yacht club
Yorkshiredisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 14, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
beck_loz
Imagineer

beck_loz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Great pics x
beck_loz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 14, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Undiscovered future world is my favourite tour, hope you enjoy it! Love the sound of your trip too! You're there around the same time as me too!
Julie
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List