Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 Nov 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

L.A.S Vegas four times

Hello

I'm fairly sure I bore all my family and friends doing nothing but talking about holiday planning and Vegas so thought why not do a trip report this time and starting with a pre trippy...

So to introduce...

Me and my boyfriend of four years first visited Vegas in a "once in a lifetime trip" to New York and Vegas for our friends wedding. Vegas was an add on since it was my first time long haul and decided why not as our friends were getting married on top of the Rock in New York. I have always had a horrific fear of flying and refused to go distance but I didn't want to miss the wedding. Little did I realise the time difference between NY and LV leading me to think it was just a small flight between the two - lucky really else probably would never have got me to book!

Well the above trip lit a fire in my belly for big holidays and shortly after we booked my first trip to Florida which I absolutely loved. Back from Florida the vegas itch set in and we returned in March 2017 and then again in April 2018.

So how did this trip come about?

Well... my boyfriend was chatting with his friend who said "We really want to go to Vegas, next time you go we want to come with you"... Not one to turn down such an opportunity I instantly started pricing up and originally had settled on end of November 2018 however sadly it was not to be as we couldn't all get the same dates off (which was very upsetting as I'd spent hours researching all the Christmas things there are to do that we won't have seen on our other summer trips! ). Excuse for another trip sometime maybe?

Back to the drawing board we decided to look at early next year (as we can't wait any longer ! )

I love looking at holidays and keeping an eye on prices so this was a doddle and we eventually settled on a lovely little deal which came up with Virgin. We flew Virgin last time and found them to be really impressive compared with our Thomas Cook previous flights - we loved the fact the drinks were included along with the much better film choice and ability to get wi-fi. We also personally thought the food was much nicer on Virgin. The new Virgin economy options too meant that the seat selection was included which actually made it cheaper than the TC option wooo!

This is our first time going to Vegas with anyone else so a little nervous but also really excited to show them the ropes plus it gives us a great excuse to repeat certain favourites.

We have always stayed at the Flamingo on our previous trips however this time have decided to branch out as a really good deal on a newly renovated room in Ballys was available and it will be nice to have a change (we hope!).

7 nights Saturday - Saturday so we will have a day to recover when home before going back to work. We didn't realise when booking but extra lucky as its Easter weekend so one less days holiday to use plus the bonus of a day off before we travel!

So thats where we are up to so far other than about a million things on our wish list of what to do this time and what we want to show them while we are there. Really looking forward to it!

We are also hoping to get to the grand canyon this time as 3 trips without going to see it really is our limit

I'm a big one for seeing loads of shows while we are there so will update when I know more about the itinerary

Thats all for now! x

Planning update can be found here https://DIBB.in/13711518 (If I've done it right! )

Edited at 12:50 PM.
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List