Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Nov 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Just to confirm 100% for me - I've got the barcoded paperwork after doing OLCI. I have not registered a CC, but I can go direct to the garage and show my CC and DL on the way out after getting the car?

I don't need to go to a kiosk to print anything else?

Thanks
Joa
That is correct, the barcode is the key bit of info that needs to be on there.
All it is is your booking reference as a barcode, so the person on the barrier can just scan it instead of the long and laborious task of typing in a 10 digit number!🙄
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Morning Dibbers.

I hope someone might be around that can give me a steer. We have a package booked with Virgin. I am trying to checkin with Alamo to do skip the counter...I can't get past the first stage. I have found the webpage. Am asked for first and late name and booking reference. I have tried repeatedly both the numerical seven digit virgin booking ref and ( in desperation) the six letter airline code and keep getting this error message :-

'Please enter proper values for first,last and confirmation Number'

Before I ring Virgin and have a long wait, please can anyone think of anything obvious that I might be doing wrong?

I am sure I am on the right page...it has both the Virgin and Alamo logos at the top.

Many thanks.
Old 6 Nov 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Morning Dibbers.

I hope someone might be around that can give me a steer. We have a package booked with Virgin. I am trying to checkin with Alamo to do skip the counter...I can't get past the first stage. I have found the webpage. Am asked for first and late name and booking reference. I have tried repeatedly both the numerical seven digit virgin booking ref and ( in desperation) the six letter airline code and keep getting this error message :-

'Please enter proper values for first,last and confirmation Number'

Before I ring Virgin and have a long wait, please can anyone think of anything obvious that I might be doing wrong?

I am sure I am on the right page...it has both the Virgin and Alamo logos at the top.

Many thanks.
hi Rachel

I have just done a dummy run as we have already checked in using the VH ref number on the same page as you mentioned.

I also used the booking reference at the top right of the VH booking voucher. I tried to copy and paste it first but it didn't work, so I manually typed it in and that worked. Did you paste it or type it?

Also, is your name correct on the booking form? That happened to us a few visits ago but was easily sorted
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindsk View Post
hi Rachel

I have just done a dummy run as we have already checked in using the VH ref number on the same page as you mentioned.

I also used the booking reference at the top right of the VH booking voucher. I tried to copy and paste it first but it didn't work, so I manually typed it in and that worked. Did you paste it or type it?

Also, is your name correct on the booking form? That happened to us a few visits ago but was easily sorted
Thanks for the advice. I did type manually :-(

I am going to make a big cup of tea, grit my teeth and contact Virgin.

It could be spelling as you say :-(

Have a great trip when you get there. x
Old 11 Nov 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
benvo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I've asked Andy at DFCH if he could help and very kindly he's offered a suggestion in post 441 above?

Many thanks Andy

Mick
Originally Posted by Goofy1874 View Post
So i have today completed online check in (car booked through Thomas Cook but obtained the Alamo reference from them) all went well and I am checked in. However, no mention of the skip the counter (on the right after checkin it just mentions using kiosks), and when i go here (alamo/en_US/car-rent...in/bypass.html) to complete the last two parts (accept terms and put in card details) it briefly flashes up with the page to accept terms but then auto reroutes here (alamo/en_US/car-rent...servation.html) so not sure what the issue is? Not even sure why it auto reroutes has haven't put a reservation number in at that point.

It all worked flawlessly last year and in May when i used (that wasn't Orlando though).

Is the barcode on the top of the online check enough? I dont think it is as haven't given any card details.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated.
Just thought i would give this a free bump, booked via auto europe, couldn't do anything after online check in.

Then saw this, kept online check in open, opened the first bypass link, and opened from me to agree, then enter card details and then emailed and printed me the Skip the counter confirmation with barcode.

Thank you

Ben
Old 22 Nov 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
minniemouse
Looking for Mickey

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Just wanted to confirm, having the two pages open (as detailed in post 441) has also worked for me in the past. I couldn't get it to work on google chrome this time, but did get it to work on firefox.
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Pleeeeeeease help me !

The print out I have as its mr online check in confirmation. It has a bar code at top.
Is that all I need? Do I just go to the garage or do I have to use the kiosk?

Thanks.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Sonny Eclipse View Post
Pleeeeeeease help me !

The print out I have as its mr online check in confirmation. It has a bar code at top.
Is that all I need? Do I just go to the garage or do I have to use the kiosk?

Thanks.
Which airport are you arriving at?

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Sonny Eclipse
Excited about Disney

Hey Andy, Orlando International Airport. I booked through you earlier today.
Sonny Eclipse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 19, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Now that you’ve completed the online check in, you’re good to go straight to the garage when you arrive. No need to visit the rental desk or use the self service kiosks. Just collect your bags, go downstairs one level and cross the road to the multi story garage and head to the Alamo booth. The staff will want to see a copy of your online check in print out so be sure to take that with you.

Once you’ve picked your vehicle from the category you’ve booked from, you’ll drive to the exit barrier. This is where you’ll need to show three things:
• Driving Licence Photocard
• Debit / Credit card in lead drivers name – Not a prepaid cashcard such as Revolut / Fair FX / Visa Electron.
• Rental Voucher. This is what you’ll have received when you paid the balance.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List