Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Feb 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Motherofboys
Gone all Goofy

Universal Express Passes - February

Hello,
We will be there at this time next year (8th - 22nd Feb 2020).
Should I book one night at a Universal Hotel to get the 2 days of express passes included, or are the crowds light enough to not need to do this?
Thanks!
Motherofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Motherofboys
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Anyone?! 😁
Motherofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mozzman
Trainee Dibber

they did not look light this year depends if you dont mind waiting say 45 minutes plus for certain rides or do 3 rides in an hour with express pass .i value my time so i will buy it,but at 90 dollars each for a 2 park unlimited for 4 people i will also pay through the nose for it.
i am impatient so i have to do it. but i will not get it everyday i go.
i would say if you do get it dont spend time on long meals or looking around in shops get your moneys worth.
but whatever you decide have a great time
mozzman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Depends how many in your party?
If there are 3+ then a night at a select hotel will more than cover the cost as you will get 2 days of express passes.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’re currently here and have done February half term for the last 2 years. Presidents weekend is super busy and it’s also Mardi Gras so night times are busy too. Some rides 120 mins and a few others 45mins. We’re currently at RPR and do 1 night here each visit. Our boys are 7 and 10 and not the most patient so the Express Pass is a godsend. It’s also been really hot so the queues have been a welcome relief from the heat.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Holidayfanatic
Gone all Goofy

Is it possible to check in very early to get the express passes? Ie if you are staying one night? Thanks for any advice
Holidayfanatic is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holidayfanatic View Post
Is it possible to check in very early to get the express passes? Ie if you are staying one night? Thanks for any advice
yes - we have done before 7am in the past.

Less important for early entry now as HP stuff is on the express access. (since there are so many more early entry hotel rooms now, all heading for the one or 2 rides that are open)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Holidayfanatic View Post
yes you an arrive/check in at say 07:00am, leave your bags with the hotel, your room key is your express pass

they will txt you when your room is ready

your express pass is valid all day on the departure day as well, again leave your bags woth the hotel/in the car
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Gaz Lear
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 6
Mobile

Universal was dead the 3 times I was there this monthh. Didn’t queue more the 20 minutes for any ride
Old 24 Feb 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Motherofboys View Post
Hello,
We will be there at this time next year (8th - 22nd Feb 2020).
Should I book one night at a Universal Hotel to get the 2 days of express passes included, or are the crowds light enough to not need to do this?
Thanks!
They were not at all light this year in February, we were there late Jan / early Feb. There were very long queues everywhere. I would definitely want the passes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List