Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile Easter or summer ?

We went to Disney / universal last Easter and had a fantastic time - weather was beautiful but it was busy as it was spring break. Looking at going again - originally Easter 2022, but don’t know if can wait until then so was think last two weeks of Aug / into sept 2020 but not sure on the weather. Is it a lot quieter? Children will be 8 and nearly 12. Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucky23 View Post
We went to Disney / universal last Easter and had a fantastic time - weather was beautiful but it was busy as it was spring break. Looking at going again - originally Easter 2022, but don’t know if can wait until then so was think last two weeks of Aug / into sept 2020 but not sure on the weather. Is it a lot quieter? Children will be 8 and nearly 12. Thanks
It is a bit quieter - you spend less time in queues, but (for me) because of the humidity it feels like longer, and there is always the chance of a hurricane to perk things up... I prefer Easter (can you tell...) but Easter is busy.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Definitely not August,humidity unbelievable and of course more rain as coming up to hurricane season.At the end of the day its your choice,we are fortunate enough to go twice a year April and October both with no or very little rain,and warm enough for shorts and flipflops.Hope this helps.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
Summer - we have been both and were worried like you about the heat, but you can see from my signature that it is our preferred time now and would't swap back. Easter is mad busy and weather not guaranteed. Our 2nd Easter weather was just about ok, cold and rainy (much more rainy that the short sharp downpours you get in July and August, which go as quickly as they come).

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been both times and liked them both for different reasons. Easter was a bit busier than summer but still very manageable but if it is your main holiday I found easter to be to early for me! The long 6 weeks holidays was torture so unless I could afford another break in the summer hols I wouldn’t go at Easter again.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

Well it's kinda down to personal preference but having been at both Spring Break and August I'd have to say that they were both fine. If anything August was hotter and wetter but we didn't suffer that badly with storms or hurricanes etc. (We were fortunate to have chosen quite calm weeks as I have heard some far more exciting weather stories on here)

Spring Break was also very hot (compared to Hampshire) and we found it to be much busier. With fast passes and dining plan (if you're onsite) you'll get to do pretty much everything you want no matter what the weather.

We are heading out for the last week of August this year and crossing our fingers for a storm free week.

Happy Planning!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List