Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Feb 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Paying for Pool heating

Hi all, hope you can help with this query.

We are renting a villa through Homeaway and I have just asked the owner how paying for the pool heating works and how I would pay for it. I got a very confusing message back, so I would like to get more info independently.

So how does this normally work? It wasn't specified as an option when we rented the villa.

How much is pool heating normally? (We are going next weekend so assuming it will be needed!)

Many thanks,

Fred.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

Normally you would book and pay for pool heat in with your final payment.

Costs are usually around the £15 - £20 a day mark.

You can more or less decide at any point that you want it as the management company would normally come out and switch it on and you would settle with the owner.

If you are lucky the people renting before you will have had the heat on so you won't have to wait days for it to get warmer.

At this time of year if the air temperature drops too low the heater won't work and depending on what the set up is you might only be taking the chill off the water.

It helps if the pool has a thermal blanket that you can put on between swims to keep the heat in.

Maybe ask the owner if there is one and look at the temps there now to decide whether it's worth paying in advance.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Some websites don't offer places for owners to put extras such as pool heat but the owner should be able to give you options to book it before you travel.
If you want it on which I think you will I would pay for it now direct to the owner, as said if you wait until you get there the pool will have to warm up and you will have to also pay a call-out charge to the Management Company to come and turn it on
We have had a new heater fitted and the new ones work at lower temperatures so are much better.
We also have a pool blanket that is put over the pool when you are not using it, check with the owner they have one of these or there is a liquid out now that does the same job
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
You will definitely need pool heat. I would let your owner know that you want it and pay before you go.

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I contacted the management company and got it cheaper. He said to e mail a few days before departure to ensure the pool is heated for our arrival.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List