Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Feb 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were at portofino for 8 nights in October. Family of 5 and we had booked a room for 5 people. Last time the kids were young enough to share one of the beds. Now they are older we had taken a blow up bed with us. We were asked if we would like an additional bed when we checked in and they said it was with their compliments. It was delivered a short while later and was very comfy. Obviously there’s no guarantee of getting one of free of charge. We would have been prepared to pay for one if our blow up bed hadn’t been comfortable, but you’re right, it would have been quite an additional cost.
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie1972 View Post
DD loved sleeping on it no way was she going to let DS have it although he is 6ft so he wasn’t going to argue. We were there for 20 nights and she said it was very comfy never complained about it.
Thank you

I'll bring one with us just incase. Did you leave it inflated or was it easy enough to deflate and inflate back?
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
We were at portofino for 8 nights in October. Family of 5 and we had booked a room for 5 people. Last time the kids were young enough to share one of the beds. Now they are older we had taken a blow up bed with us. We were asked if we would like an additional bed when we checked in and they said it was with their compliments. It was delivered a short while later and was very comfy. Obviously there’s no guarantee of getting one of free of charge. We would have been prepared to pay for one if our blow up bed hadn’t been comfortable, but you’re right, it would have been quite an additional cost.
Great thanks. I'll bring an inflatable with us and hope for a complimentary fold up
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie1972
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
Thank you

I'll bring one with us just incase. Did you leave it inflated or was it easy enough to deflate and inflate back?
I left it inflated at Royal Pacific as rooms were quite large, at Port Orleans I deflated it a bit then pushed it under the other bed.
Minnie1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
I'm really not sure how it works to be honest. The last time we stayed in a Universal Hotel my three children were young enough to share one queen bed by top and tailing and it was only for 1 night.

Have just been pricing up the fold up beds on Walmart and Amazon and to be honest, I think i will just pay the $25 per night charge. We are staying club level so I may be cheeky and ask if we could get a discounted rate
Definitely ask, you might be pleasantly surprised. I always ask (I must be so embarrassing to anyone who knows me !)
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I should have added we were club level -I see you are too. When we were asked if we’d like an extra bed I asked how much it would be. She said she would take care of it! I hope you have the same good luck
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Surely if you book a room for 5 it needs to have beds for 5
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

My teens refused to share a queen bed in nyc last year and we didn’t fancy paying an extra £1400 for another room! So I brought an all in one blow up bed with sleeping bag, 2kg, folds small into a pouch, 5ink it as like £30 from Argos. They planned to take the bed in turns, but it was so comfy our youngest only wanted the blow up in the end and worked a dream.
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rafjen View Post
Surely if you book a room for 5 it needs to have beds for 5
Ideally this would be the case but unfortunately not. In either the RPR, HRH or PB, you need a fold out bed for the 5th person.
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Not done it with beds but done it with a travel cot so would work with an inflatable or anything else you didn’t want to carry -we always preorder anything like that from Walmart and pick up on the way from the airport.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List