Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Feb 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

One day at MK

Myself and dd (16) are planning to do just this Disney park during our stay this july and would like help planning please.

We will get an Uber from I-Drive and I’m sure someone mentioned to get dropped off at Grand Floridian (is this right?) and can then walk to the park (will it be obvious where to go?)

We plan to get there for rope drop so how soon before park opening should we arrive at this hotel?

I hope to get tickets in advance so can obtain FP at 30 days but what rides should we go for?

We were last here 10 years ago

Not interested in any character meets or dining plans.

Any itinerary ideas, plan to make a full day, will rest the next day!

Many thanks
Old 23 Feb 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

It’s the Contemporary that you want to be dropped off at as it’s the only one you can walk from. The walk is fairly quick and you do bag check on the way rather than when you arrive at MK. I’d allow 45-60 minutes before official opening, turnstiles could be busy or ok but if you’re early you can wander and take photos.

If Mk opens at 9 am the park itself will open much earlier and you can wander around Main Street and you will be held at ropes to the lands till opening.

Make sure you pick a day where it is NoT opening an hour earlier for onsite guests.

Last July we had not planned to do disney at all but ended up doing the after hours event. This cost little more than a1 day ticket and we did way more in the 4 hours we were in the park than we could have done in a day. They’ve not confirmed or released anything about this for July yet but maybe something else to consider - not that late nights suit everyone.
Old 23 Feb 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink Tina
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
It’s the Contemporary that you want to be dropped off at as it’s the only one you can walk from. The walk is fairly quick and you do bag check on the way rather than when you arrive at MK. I’d allow 45-60 minutes before official opening, turnstiles could be busy or ok but if you’re early you can wander and take photos.

If Mk opens at 9 am the park itself will open much earlier and you can wander around Main Street and you will be held at ropes to the lands till opening.

Make sure you pick a day where it is NoT opening an hour earlier for onsite guests.

Last July we had not planned to do disney at all but ended up doing the after hours event. This cost little more than a1 day ticket and we did way more in the 4 hours we were in the park than we could have done in a day. They’ve not confirmed or released anything about this for July yet but maybe something else to consider - not that late nights suit everyone.
Thank you this is most helpful, will also look at after hours as I’ve not heard of this
Old 23 Feb 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tink Tina View Post
Thank you this is most helpful, will also look at after hours as I’ve not heard of this
If they do it you get access to the park at 7pm and can still book your 3 fastpasses.

Last year the park closed at 10pm and those with after hours tickets stayed till 1am.

I did a bit of a mini review https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1#post13352611
Old 23 Feb 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Rescuer;13703758]It’s the Contemporary that you want to be dropped off at as it’s the only one you can walk from. The walk is fairly quick and you do bag check on the way rather than when you arrive at MK. I’d allow 45-60 minutes before official opening, turnstiles could be busy or ok but if you’re early you can wander and take photos.

Last July we had not planned to do disney at all but ended up doing the after hours event. This cost little more than a1 day ticket and we did way more in the 4 hours we were in the park than we could have done in a day. They’ve not confirmed or released anything about this for July yet but maybe something else to consider - not that late nights suit everyone.[/

Yes. I was going to suggest this. We did it last week, the price as stated is a very little more than a 1 day pass. Our hours were 9pm until 12mn but they were admitting people at 6.30pm. We actually accomplished all the rides and most of the shows including the fireworks.
Old 23 Feb 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post

We did an after hours event at Animal Kingdom recently, it was a highlight for us. I would definitely consider this, there are also regular early morning special al events at MK, if you are only going the once that might be worth considering as well.

Your FP choices depend on what you like of course. But we tend to use ours on the mountain rides and we certainly would if only going once; definitely 7DMT as it always has long queues and you are unlikely to get an extra FP on the day, then we pick two of Big Thunder, Splash and Space.

If we are going several days then we would prebook Peter Pan as this is rarely available as extra FP on the day, maybe Buzz Lightyear and Haunted House too. Other things we just look for on the day after we have used up the first three.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List