Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Feb 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
blondie
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
No it's actually tulle comes in 7 inch rolls a boy $1-50 to $2-50 a roll the whole thing cost about $20 for all the supplies and the heart welcome sign in the middle is actuality really
Thick wood

I have made a few with deco mesh not tulle tho , so might give tulle ago , it's really lovely ,thank you x
Rosen Inn At Pointe Orlando 2011
Tuscan Hills Villa (Dibb) 2013 ,2014 ANNIE
blondie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
That's lovely. I have lots of tulle here as I make tutus with it for the dolls I make. Would love the instructions if you have them. Is it on one of those polysterene hoops? x
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

No it's a metal floral ring the ones with 4 circles of various sizes connected to each other
It's really simple you cut the mesh in to 12inch lengths either 10 or 7 inch wide tulle
Then all,you do,is fold it in half length wise then end to end start on the outer wire of the rind and attach it using a simple slip knot use two lengths of each colour of tulle you are using then go on to the next colour this gives it more depth then go into the third wire and do the same attach what ever you want into the centre using zip ties looks best using all one colour or an odd number of colours she had one done on a smaller ring in 2shades of pink and 1white with its a girl sign on it actually very relaxing to do just keep fluffing out the tulle as you go along and make sure you really tie in as much as you can

Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I'm doing another class this weekend a burlap summer Wreath if anybody wants to,see the result I'll post all the craft classes I've done have been fantastic a few things lost in translation but everybody has been so lovely and love the accent and some of my sayings /descriptions of things
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn't realise you are doing your classes out there, to the locals. That's amazing, I'm impressed. I'd love to see your other work. I found that tulle in Hobby Lobby last year for $2 a roll and got several different colours but I didn't really know what to do with it. I do now, thanks
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

An update as promised

My latest wreath made at a craft class here in Florida
Old 16 Mar 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Wow that's lovely, really unusual spring colours. I wouldn't know where to start.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely! How I wish we had access to the same stuff here! Although I have a decent stash of deco mesh thanks to my sis Ericsmum.
I've made a small (10 inch frame) Easter/Spring one in white and pastel eggs. Made with the continuous loop method, so I can reuse the mesh on another project! I can't bare to cut it!
Old 16 Mar 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
elliemay
Imagineer

Oh WOW Helen they are lovely - think we need some lessons off you
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Olga I know even our local Walmart craft sewing section is better than Hobby Craft at home I'm taking home enough stuff to do a few wreaths Easter summer Halloween etc
Thanks everybody