Notices

Old 30 Oct 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

You took a bite already?! Boston 2017 Pre-Trip

Pre- Trip Report (Boston, October 2017)

Here we go… my first attempt at trip report! I have spent 12 months browsing, laughing at, and stealing tips from other Dibbers' trip reports, so thought it was about time I added to the pot!

First a bit of context and explanation for the trip title… As I write this pre-trip report, this is my view:

That’s right, I am currently at Logan International Airport ON MY WAY HOME from our trip. A bit of a strange time to be writing something that is supposedly ‘pre-trip’, but bear with me – I have a good explanation, I promise.

The trip title actually comes from something that was said several times while we were away. I’d already decided I was going to be writing a trip report, so I knew I was going to have to take lots of pictures of people and places – but especially FOOD. Taking pictures of food is not something I usually do (although I am definitely not opposed to it – LOVE seeing other peoples’ pictures), so I sort of had to train myself to do it. I didn’t get off to a good start. When I see food, I eat. I had often already started to eat my food before remembering to take a picture, hence the title. I lost count of the number of times David said ‘you took a bite already?!’ on this trip. Good job he was there to remind me, eh?

Introductions

Hello!

I’m Amy and I am a 24 year old PhD student/research assistant currently residing in the North West. I love all things Disney, holidays, food, shopping* and dogs.

*disclaimer: I actually hate shopping in the UK, but when I’m abroad it’s like I’m real-life, walking, talking, confessionals-of-a-shopaholic-type.

This is David (well, me and David). He is 27 and is an electrical engineer who is based just about anywhere in the world! Officially he is based in Stoke, but spends a good proportion of the year in Iraq, Afghanistan or West Africa (plush eh?). His company decided it was time for him to have a nice treat and sent him to Boston to undertake some training, so he has been out here since last Monday. He asked if I wanted to join him for a few days, and after days of debating I decided I was going. Hence the reason I am just getting around to writing this pre-trip report – as I only actually booked my flights out here 2 weeks ago!

Why debate such a brilliant opportunity you might ask? Because in 10 short days I am flying off to New York for a 5-night girl’s holiday, and in exactly 2 months we fly back out to the states for a 16-day road trip of the west coast. On top of that we have just about (long story) bought our first home – we don’t do things in halves! So in short, 2017 has been a pretty expensive year!

Usually, I spend months planning any kind of trip we go on (especially to the states), but I just haven’t had the opportunity to this time. We picked out a handful of things we definitely wanted to do, but I tried not to be too obsessive about it. I’ve been lucky enough to book this trip in the first place so my aim was just to try and relax and enjoy the time we have there.

I booked to fly solo on Thursday 26th October from Manchester – Dublin, and from Dublin – Boston with Aer Lingus, leaving Manchester early morning and arriving in Boston for 1.30pm. On the return leg, David is flying back with me so it shouldn’t be as boring (I was wrong – he is sat in the airport with me right now reading his book and ignoring me as usual, so I thought I’d devote some time to my trippie!).

We are staying at the Wyndham Beacon Hill from Thursday 26th – Monday 30th, which has decent reviews and appears to be in a good location.

Anyway, I’m starting to get myself confused between past and present tense, us and I, wanted to and did do, so I’m going to leave it there for my pre-trip report. In future I’ll try and get it cemented before I leave Manchester.

Amy xx
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Ooooooooh fabulous! We are off to Boston this Friday look forward to your top tips and food suggestions
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

We have flights booked to Boston next summer so looking forward to hearing what you did!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Ooooooooh fabulous! We are off to Boston this Friday look forward to your top tips and food suggestions
Oh lovely! Where are you staying? Apparently the weather is quite nice at the minute for October/November time. Fingers crossed it stays the same for you!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We have flights booked to Boston next summer so looking forward to hearing what you did!
I would love to go in the summer! Although we were really lucky with the weather I would have loved to have spent a bit more time outside and in the parks etc. Such a beautiful city to look at
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I shall be following with interest, I'm hoping reward seats to Boston are available on Saturday!
Old 31 Oct 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

WE are staying at the Lenox in back bay and I can’t wait!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
WE are staying at the Lenox in back bay and I can’t wait!
Brilliant - we went past your hotel a few times on our way to different places. Your hotel is in a great place! Right next to the prudential centre (great shops in and around the centre) and you can access the Skywalk observatory from here. You'll love it!