Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Aug 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Location request when renting points

I am renting points for BLT next year and would like to put in a room location request. As I haven’t made the booking I can’t phone up with my request, so is it best to email or fax nearer the time or is their another method?
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Would be interested in hearing too... are you requesting an exact room or just location / floor?
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Would be interested in hearing too... are you requesting an exact room or just location / floor?
Just a location really, although I have been looking at the rooms available in our category on the touring plans site. I’d just rather not have a view of the car park.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
Just a location really, although I have been looking at the rooms available in our category on the touring plans site. I’d just rather not have a view of the car park.
Same, although we have booked theme park view for one night so guess this also overlooks the car park.

However, if possible I am going to try request a high floor.
Old 27 Aug 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
What category have you booked? You are best asking the person who you rented from, to make the request.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
What category have you booked? You are best asking the person who you rented from, to make the request.
I’ve booked a standard studio, so I think they only go up to floor 5. My booking is with David’s so unfortunately I have no contact with the person that I rented from.
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
Same, although we have booked theme park view for one night so guess this also overlooks the car park.

However, if possible I am going to try request a high floor.
Good luck.
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I’ve booked a standard studio, so I think they only go up to floor 5. My booking is with David’s so unfortunately I have no contact with the person that I rented from.
I would think you could ask via David’s for the owner to make a request.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can make a request on mde same as.wuth a normal booking.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The owner has to put in the request via member services so let the owner know is the agent if booked via agent. David's will do this no problem.
Please note that due to DVC high occupancy requests are often not honoured and you should go with an expectation that it won't be- then be pleasantly surprised if it is.
BLT has a complex layout. If you go over to the DVC section on another well know board with the first three letters of the surname of the man who conceived WDW as its title, and select the DVC forum, then the resorts sub forum, you'll see a BLT thread. In there I think it is, there's a map of every room on a plan, with an explanation of what the outlook is.

Edited at 07:01 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List