Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 18, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

I was looking at this earlier. We fly Thomas Cook to Vegas next September (15th). Am I right in thinking that’s terminal 1 and English schools will be back? If so I guess we won’t need them but happy to be told otherwise...
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Never had fast track, got directed that way once. To be honest I've never felt we needed it. We plan to be early enough that a bit of a queue means we have less hanging around at the other side. We also have enough contingency in our plans such that if it turns out to be a much longer queue it doesn't matter, we just skip a few shops.
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

We used it on Sunday at T2 and we were all through in 5 mins - will definitely use it again
blades is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

I suppose the way to look at it is what will hurt the most:

The money you will have wasted if you buy it and don't need it

or

The money that you'd wished you'd spent if the queue is horrendous.

After getting very lucky in a queue at Manchester a few years ago (just as we approached a ribbon was placed across the entrance to the queue and we were diverted into a queue that had just been opened) we shelled out for fast tracked security. Sods law said the normal queue was free flowing anyway, but as I'd only paid a few quid each it didn't break my heart.

Similarly in August at Gatwick we paid for fast track both on the way in and on the way out. The way out was a massive time saving and I was so glad we'd paid, but on the way back the normal queue was only just forming (we were one of the first off the plane) but in the priory queue we walked straight up to the counter, so even thought it was probably waste of money I wasn't too worried.

I think when you've paid cira £10k for a holiday that extra £20 is slightly insignificant.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We have booked it just for peace of mind. I'm not a very good traveller on travel day, I just want to be through and sat down in departures ASAP!
Old 22 Oct 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
harwood1667
Serious Dibber

harwood1667's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We go in 35 days time flying from Manchester T2 same flight times as you, we are a family of 5 and I've paid for the fast track both ways, just for peace of mind really, we've always paid it for the outward journey but this time I've paid for the return leg too.
Old 21 Feb 19, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Shoes off and devices out ?

Am I right in thinking this is just a quick queue but still has the same checks, ie remove shoes and electronic devices?

The Wife's read somewhere (it'll be Face book) that you get to leave yer shoes on and don't have to put phones ,tablets etc in the separate trays.

This would be the biggest factor for me, as it's the most stressful part of check in now that you can get separated from the trays while they do personal checks. But no-one else has mentioned it and I'm assuming she's getting mixed up with pre TSA checks.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Just went via T1 to Tenerife. £20 for Fast Track total waste of money. First there was someone with an issue at the boarding pass checker , and they kept us there for 5 mins. Then the queue was longer than standard so many are now paying for it.
Old 21 Feb 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Yes we did it and was though with in 20 minutes all so do it for when you return well worth it
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Thanks, both.

Think I'll pay. For the sake of £15, I'd rather be through if there's a long line and write it off , if there's not.

Not bothered about getting through passport checks on the way back coz the cases aren't likely to beat us through anyway.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List