Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Nov 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

The retreat at championsgate

Has anyone any reviews , we have been looking at these villas as we have family staying there, however my main concern is that the pools are very over looked and for 15 nights the best price I can get is £2400 for 5 people this seams a lot, I don’t want a townhouse, I like the idea of the club house etc as we won’t be doing any parks this time around , it how close together they look concerns me
Old 14 Nov 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at Oasis at Championsgate (1622 Moon Valley Drive)

Yes they are very overlooked but ours backed on to Loma Sol wall so it was only the neighbours on both sides. They were out most days and we were less than them but at night it was noisy in the pools. So we were noisy too.

We choose this for the club house but only used it once in the 7 days we were there. It was lovely and the kids loved it but also wanted to be at our pool too. Next time I won't be drawn to the club house it was just we were in a large family group with 4 teenagers who wanted freedom.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aitchieaitchie View Post
We stayed at Oasis at Championsgate (1622 Moon Valley Drive)

Yes they are very overlooked but ours backed on to Loma Sol wall so it was only the neighbours on both sides. They were out most days and we were less than them but at night it was noisy in the pools. So we were noisy too.

We choose this for the club house but only used it once in the 7 days we were there. It was lovely and the kids loved it but also wanted to be at our pool too. Next time I won't be drawn to the club house it was just we were in a large family group with 4 teenagers who wanted freedom.
Thank you, that villa is already booked
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
Price
£2400 for 15 nights - what size villa?
I can easily see why it's priced that way.
Given the cost to buy a villa on Championsgate - could easily be $500,000 depending on size, to borrow the money at 5% interest per year to buy it to rent it to you for 2 weeks - that's $1000 before you start.
Even my 3 bed villa costs £700 / week to run with no mortgage.
So there's almost all your £2400 before you even factor in the owner's time.
Or that the HOA fees are (I'm guessing) very high on Championsgate

Compactness
Every time I look at houses for sale on Championsgate from a buyer's perspective, even if I could afford it(!), I too am put off by how tight the houses are together. But plot is my number one priority.
Not everyone is bothered about this. Only you can answer whether it is a deal breaker for you. There are likely to be ones on more generous plots, though I suspect that they will cost significantly more to buy, and so more to rent.
Thanks for a 5 bedroom, four bedrooms would have been enough but the the 4 bedrooms all seem to be town houses
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post

We paid approx £1,000 for 6 bed but that was part of a package with Travel Planners who booked our flights and car hire. There were 8 of us in 2 family groups. The villa was lovely, high spec fixtures and fittings but lacking kitchen supplies such as more than 8 plates, cups, dishes, cutlery and no welcome supplies for washing up, teatowels or coffee filters, 1 small pancake pan and that was it.
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh and parking was a problem as we had 2 x 7 seat vans so the 2nd one hung off the drive as next door had 3 vans and parked outside out villa on the road.
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed there Earlier this year and yes they are close together and overlooked but to be honest most folk are out at the parks a lot of the time so we didn’t find that a problem. We had 5 bedrooms and it was very spacious and immaculate inside. We thought we would have used the Oasis club lot more than we did but only went once. I’m sure if your not going to the parks then it will be more a benefit to you. We definitely would have booked again for next year if traffic hadn’t been such an issue as we are going to the parks. There are lots of places around for eating and a publix nearby. The management company were also great and quick to rectify a couple of things for us. I’m sure you will love it.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
We stayed there Earlier this year and yes they are close together and overlooked but to be honest most folk are out at the parks a lot of the time so we didn’t find that a problem. We had 5 bedrooms and it was very spacious and immaculate inside. We thought we would have used the Oasis club lot more than we did but only went once. I’m sure if your not going to the parks then it will be more a benefit to you. We definitely would have booked again for next year if traffic hadn’t been such an issue as we are going to the parks. There are lots of places around for eating and a publix nearby. The management company were also great and quick to rectify a couple of things for us. I’m sure you will love it.
Where was you villa maybe it the same one
Old 14 Nov 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

We stayed st 1569 Tempo lane. Next year we have booked 6 nights at Storey lake following 5 nights on site st SSR. The houses are similar to CG but hoping the drive to parks etc will be easier.

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
GEMMAMCG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stan1805 View Post
We stayed st 1569 Tempo lane. Next year we have booked 6 nights at Storey lake following 5 nights on site st SSR. The houses are similar to CG but hoping the drive to parks etc will be easier.
That you, the one I was looking at is in Wexford way