Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Nov 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Cabbie View Post
Wow, loving the hotel, the food selection looks fantastic. I love Dubai it's great for a short break.

Shame VS are pulling out of DXB next year.

-Steve
We are very much enjoying our first trip here. Yes it is a shame as we do like the Virgin PE experience and we only just found a liking for Dubai !

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
The hotel looks fabulous Amanda! How great that you got an upgrade too - there’s just so much space. The food looks yummy too.

Can understand your tiredness though. I’d have been rubbish after no sleep, so you both did really well.

Looking forward to the rest of your report.
It’s a lovely hotel. We’ve struggled a bit generally on the sleep front. I think that’s probably more down to our commuting routine so we keep waking up early

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Hope you got a good sleep after such a long day - Hotel looks amazing!
It’s totally next level luxury

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
The hotel looks amazing! And your room... it's so big, and gorgeous!

What a huge selection of food, I would have been overwhelmed, especially with the tiredness as well. You did really well staying up so late after no sleep.
The room is fabulous. We have been very lucky.
I think we did well on arrival day, it felt like we were floating about by the end , all a bit surreal !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

What an amazing hotel! Fab upgrade to a suite. Just seen on IG that you've got an unexpected extra day - enjoy and safe travels home xx
Old 22 Nov 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow the hotel looks amazing. Hope you enjoy your extra day - shame you couldn’t stay at that hotel for it x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by twinkleshmoo View Post
What an amazing hotel! Fab upgrade to a suite. Just seen on IG that you've got an unexpected extra day - enjoy and safe travels home xx
Hello Yes after a dodgy start arriving to find the flight cancelled Virgin shipped us to the Holiday Inn . It’s ok. We’ve spent the morning at the pool and going over to the festival mall later. It’s confusing whether we can eat at the hotel or just claim dinner out but after the last few days we won’t starve ! Not looking forward to a night flight home but not a lot of choice. For now just appreciating another day of sunshine

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Wow the hotel looks amazing. Hope you enjoy your extra day - shame you couldn’t stay at that hotel for it x
Yeah we wondered if they had messaged us if we could have stayed on there. But I guess they’ve put us all in a place near the airport. And it’s next to Ikea. What can be better
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The over night flight seems like it is a great idea as you arrive first thing in the morning, but then of course you hadn't slept and the room wasn't ready. But Oh my that suite was worth waiting for. It looks like it was a beautiful hotel and the room is lovely. The food all looks fab and I'm glad you are already making use of the cocktail hour. I love that it's actually 3 hours! Ha ha I'm looking forward to all the cocktails that will follow. This is going to be an amazing trip!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The over night flight seems like it is a great idea as you arrive first thing in the morning, but then of course you hadn't slept and the room wasn't ready. But Oh my that suite was worth waiting for. It looks like it was a beautiful hotel and the room is lovely. The food all looks fab and I'm glad you are already making use of the cocktail hour. I love that it's actually 3 hours! Ha ha I'm looking forward to all the cocktails that will follow. This is going to be an amazing trip!
The hotel is totally amazing. Absolute luxury. Totally spoiled us. Sadly it turned out to be a bit of fail on the cocktail front ... circumstances conspired against us for two days and the cocktail hour menu was a bit limited . But it didn’t spoil the trip at all.

And the food. I don’t think I can face another mini dessert . They were everywhere
We are just back this morning. Been a fab trip
Old 23 Nov 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Wow that hotel looks just amazing! Not thought about going to Dubai but I can see it going on the list...

You can never take too many shoes and I agree totally that celery is the food of the devil!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Wow that hotel looks just amazing! Not thought about going to Dubai but I can see it going on the list...

You can never take too many shoes and I agree totally that celery is the food of the devil!
It was never on our list but we really liked it. The hotel is fabulous. The staff just can’t do enough for you and it’s just ridiculous over the top indulgence. A lifestyle I could get used to !

Andy has come back with more shoes than me so I feel totally vindicated on the footwear front .

Urgh that horrible meal was coq au vin. When did that ever have celery in it either. Just bleurgh.
Old 23 Nov 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Yeah we wondered if they had messaged us if we could have stayed on there. But I guess they’ve put us all in a place near the airport. And it’s next to Ikea. What can be better
Did you buy a new shoe cupboard to bring home?
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Great report... seeing the Burj makes me so want to go again...… I hope we do one day. xxx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List