Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jan 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

The cosmopolitan is our absolute favourite hotel to visit and the rooms look amazing. TI I wouldn't say is anything special. Both pretty decent locations but Cosmo definitely wins... You may be lucky and get an upgrade on check in anyway x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaobsessed
Getting Excited

Thanks for the tips. Went ahead and booked Cosmo - no fountain view rooms available but got a terrace - fingers crossed it’s not facing the bins lol!
Floridaobsessed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Going to jump in on this as interested/alarmed on peoples views on TI.

I have booked a couple of nights at TI in August for me & family (2A and 16yo & 15yo daughters). Booked TI as needed good value and a decent pool - should I look elsewhere? TI was only £100/night inc taxes, resort fee & parking so I think I will struggle to get better for the price but would welcome suggestions?

We are in Vegas a week earlier and staying at MGM Grand - splashing out a bit there as it is a big birthday and we have stayed there before and loved the hotel and pool area.

Trying to save money on the second visit as just passing through LV really on way to coast after doing Canyon/Monument Vally/Zion - TI may be fine for that but I can cancel and go elsewhere?

You’re too early for the good prices , Vegas prices are best around the 3 month mark

I’d shop around nearer the time , I’d be surprised if you can’t get somewhere better

I’ve been to Vegas a fair bit and it’s the one hotel I find on the strip where the smoke hits you , and I just find it old and dated .
I did go in last year as we had to fetch a friend who was staying there with work and his room was quite dated
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
You’re too early for the good prices , Vegas prices are best around the 3 month mark

I’d shop around nearer the time , I’d be surprised if you can’t get somewhere better

I’ve been to Vegas a fair bit and it’s the one hotel I find on the strip where the smoke hits you , and I just find it old and dated .
I did go in last year as we had to fetch a friend who was staying there with work and his room was quite dated
Great advice - thanks!

I like to have everything booked as we are doing quite a Road Trip but everything is free cancellation so I will check back on prices and other alternatives as we get closer to the holiday.
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Northtim View Post
Great advice - thanks!

I like to have everything booked as we are doing quite a Road Trip but everything is free cancellation so I will check back on prices and other alternatives as we get closer to the holiday.
Good plan!

While I’m not a fan of TI, it’s not one I would NOT stay at if I got amazing price (like Circus Circus - you’d have to pay me to stay there!). Definitely keep your eyes peeled for other options :-)

To the OP, the Cosmo is a really lovely hotel. I wouldn’t compare it to TI at all to be honest.
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Good plan!

While I’m not a fan of TI, it’s not one I would NOT stay at if I got amazing price (like Circus Circus - you’d have to pay me to stay there!). Definitely keep your eyes peeled for other options :-)

To the OP, the Cosmo is a really lovely hotel. I wouldn’t compare it to TI at all to be honest.
The Cosmo is lovely but it definitely attracts the weekend party crowd. If that's your thing then no problem.

Personally I'm a bit fed up with the Strip hotels and their outrageous resort fees especially now parking is chargeable.
I do agree for a first time visit you don't want to be at Fremont But my preference now is to stay just off Strip (Orleans is my go to hotel , we love it )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Olympiad
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed in one of the fountain view terrace rooms at the Cosmo in 2016 and it was fantastic. Definitely recommend a terrace if you can get one - a nice cold beer at night watching the crowds on the strip was great.

I also read that Hattie Bs has recently opened in the Cosmo which is a reason on its own to visit if not stay there!
Olympiad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Cosmopolitan definitely
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jo williams
Very Serious Dibber

Cosmo for definate
jo williams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by fatblokeflorida View Post
We've only been once but I wouldnt even think about TI. If you can't get a good deal at the Cosmo then consider the Venetian which is where we stayed on our trip and is absolutely gorgeous. We had a Bella suite which was huge and had a strip view. On the 29th floor i think it was. Just don't let them put you in the tower as you are a good walk from everything the hotel has to offer and the views aren't great
Reading this thread with interest as we are booked to stay at the Cosmo and the Venetian in June. Could I just clarify with you if you mean the Venezia Tower? Just so I know where I don't want to be! Many thanks.😊

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List