Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jan 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
olaf38
Getting Excited

Mobile £700 - £800 car hire, opinions please

We are looking to take and SUV for 17 nights in August and the prices are as above with standard CDW, full to full petrol, pick up and drop off different cities is this about right?
Do I get booked or wait and see of the prices come down? Opinions and previous experience appreciated.
olaf38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Pick of and drop of points ?. Different states usually make it more expensive. We picked up bozman 5 states away for yellowstone and dropped of San Fran £400 plus £200 for diff states 18 nights.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Who is that with? Seems expensive. We are picking up San Francisco and dropping off in San Diego, 2 weeks SUV and it's about £340. Booked with Alamo/Brits
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Helping Minnie

That seems expensive. Am I right in thinking this is a full size SUV (Ford Explorer etc.) as they are usually the only models that ever seem to reach this price? You can always book and cancel (make sure it's refundable) if the prices change.

I'm hiring an SUV in August for 18 days on a one-way car hire basis and that has cost me £500 although that is standard and not full size.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 19, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

That seems too expensive to me. I hired a standard SUV from Vegas to San Francisco last August and it wasn’t that expensive. I’m sorry I can’t remember how much I paid but it was maybe half that?
I do remember though that the price went down from when I first looked in January to when I eventually booked in June/ July.
The cheapest place by far was booking via Virgin Holidays website.
*edited* Sorry I just noticed you’re looking at full size SUV not standard

Edited at 11:51 PM.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds about right now for a full size suv for 3 weeks .

It’s one reason we always book a car/ flight package with Ba now as the car is pretty
Much free .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
minniemam
Serious Dibber

minniemam's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just looked on Alamo Brits & Discount Florida Car Hire and those are the prices at the moment. Alamo Brits has been really expensive recently.

Prices go up & down so keep checking though. I always find costs are higher for car hire, flights & hotels looking at the weekend too ...
Old 27 Jan 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

We booked with Florida Discount Car Hire for the first time last year and he was so much cheaper and so helpful.
It's the first time we haven't booked via Alamo/Brits.

Booked through him again this year.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
motherofthree
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Lell View Post
Who is that with? Seems expensive. We are picking up San Francisco and dropping off in San Diego, 2 weeks SUV and it's about £340. Booked with Alamo/Brits
Hi, can I ask which dates this is for and on what website you booked this car? Thanks
motherofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by motherofthree View Post
Hi, can I ask which dates this is for and on what website you booked this car? Thanks
Booked from 7th September through alamo/brits
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List