Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

To add to what I've put above tough - it is absolutely right and proper that Disney are closing the cancellation loophole. Booking a hotel in order to get FP+ and cancelling is definitely an abuse of the system.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
That's already happening. My boss is spending 10 nights on site and 4 off site and he was only able to book the on site part at 60 days. He wasn't able to book the off site part on a 60 day rolling basis, only at 30 days out.
When was this as I booked one night at Disney and rest as offsite and I got 60 day FP for my ticket, 14 days in my case. They will be cracking down on the parking tricks next!
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

I'm totally confused now 😵
So staying on site I can book fp's for the whole of our stay from 60 days out, so in effect, if we are staying 3 weeks I can book fp's for the end of our holiday which would be 80/81 days out?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
To book the off-site fastpasses, you need to wait until 60 days before your first off-site day. So, not the day you check out as you'll already have been able to book that, but 60 days from the day after you check out. From then you should be able to book your off-site fastpasses on a daily rolling basis.
I booked all of the 10 days worth on 25th January, and I’ve just been on again to check. I still can’t book any after our day of check out. So still only the 10 days, even a week after fastpass booking opened.
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
To book the off-site fastpasses, you need to wait until 60 days before your first off-site day. So, not the day you check out as you'll already have been able to book that, but 60 days from the day after you check out. From then you should be able to book your off-site fastpasses on a daily rolling basis.
Ahhhh so that would be the 7th Feb ... I get it now sorry, sometimes it takes a while for things to sink in lol
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
I booked all of the 10 days worth on 25th January, and I’ve just been on again to check. I still can’t book any after our day of check out. So still only the 10 days, even a week after fastpass booking opened.
Yes, that's because you need to wait until 60 days before your first full off-site day, and you're not there yet - it's only been a week since your onsite 60 day window opened so you're still in your onsite 10 day window. Try 11 days after your original fastpass booking date.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
I'm totally confused now 😵
So staying on site I can book fp's for the whole of our stay from 60 days out, so in effect, if we are staying 3 weeks I can book fp's for the end of our holiday which would be 80/81 days out?
You can book for "length of stay" but only up to 14 nights - so up to 74 days in advance. If you are staying longer than 14 nights the additional days open up one at a time each day - 74 days in advance of each day.

(N.B this is different to those who check out, because then it is 60 days ahead of each day, so after booking a couple of days there will be a wait of a couple of ays until the next day is available to book. If you remain onsite you can book the extra days one day at a time from the day after your very first fastpass day)
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the explanation, makes perfect sense.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

FP loophole when cancelling WDW hotel

I didn't even know this existed, but according to WDWnt the the loophole is going to close tomorrow:

wdwnt/2019/02/wdw-fastpa...-reservations/

Guessing there must have been lots of people doing this?
😁
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Like everything in life, you get sharp practise types playing the rules that eventually affect those who play by the rules. As a result, this now means genuine booking people are inconvenienced if they have to cancel and cannot rebook in the 2 day booking grace period.
Rumour is Disney are working through various other things, with the throwaway booking in their sights also, but this is just what I've read on another forum.
Other common scams such as the DAS pass, rider swap and even the service dog scams could all result in tougher rules, then the genuine suffer.
Sad.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List