Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 4 Feb 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkledust14
Helping Mickey

Mobile Old key west ! Prices and how did you book !

Hi.. trying to price for 2020 and looking at every scenario due to the free dining maybe not available or even worse old key west not being available...

We have always stayed at OKW with the big discounts which I know are now gone 😩 can you tell me if you booked for this year did you book at port Orleans say for eg then switched to OKW when they become available at the 330 day mark or did you wait for the availability date to arrive ? Trying to gauge the most guaranteed way! I know the big discounts dropped off too so I’ve not really got an idea of the pricing. Is anyone happy to tell me what price a studio/2 bed was for this year ? Any help would be appreciated .. thanks you lovely dibbers 😉
sparkledust14 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Eviemaya
Getting to know the DIBB

Good morning I booked POFQ when the DDP first came out and from our 330 days I rang up to see if there was a 2 bed villa available , there are 11 of us and we had three rooms booked at POFQ, In October I was able to swap to 3 deluxe studios at OKW. The price for one studio including park tickets for 2 adults and 2 children was £6,448 that was also with free DDP , hope this helps you . I changed our booking again in November for 1X 2 bedroomed villa and 1 X deluxe studio. Disney were fantastic with my changing as we had wanted the villa from the beginning .
Eviemaya is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

This is exactly what I was wondering lol, thanks for posting, I'm following along. Its not much help but a 1 bed at ssr in 2018 was £300 per night, am sure I was similar for last year but I've deleted my emails. This was with a discount and free dining. OKW prices were the same.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked POR for 2 adults and 3 children when free dining was released then from 330 days I checked regularly looking for OKW and changed the booking for a one bed villa back in June /July. That included free ddp. We paid the difference in price of about £800. Still cheaper than an Art of Animation suite.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarkd3
Getting Excited

Having booked an onsite stay once previously im looking at August 2020 to return 😊 I'm completely intrigued by your thread to request a swap at 330 days! As it's a holiday to celebrate three milestones I'd like to get the best price and accommodation for 2 parents and three girls but in Disney terms all are adults! You seem to have indicated that you've got a great deal now so could you explain about the 330 days and why you didn't book OKW from the outset? Sorry for being clueless!
Clarkd3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
muddy21
Helping Mickey

Because OKW/SSR are DVC resorts they only release availability at 330 days out. They used to take pre bookings but due to problems with over booking a few years ago they no longer do this. There was speculation as to whether they would release any availability with free Dining this year so advice from Disney for people wanting to book to secure free dining was to book another resort that you would be happy with then check for availability at OKW when it was released and change then. We did this and booked POR then changed to OKW. It was Aug 18 before any availability for June 19 became available
muddy21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Don't forget renting points as a booking scenario. Free dining has historically always been the better deal for SSR/OKW due to the discounts, but this may not be the case if the offer gets more and more limited.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mikejt26
Very Serious Dibber

Booked an OKW studio,for two adults, on 27/06/2018 for 15 days May 2019.
Free dining , 14 day passes ,$200 gift card . £4428 less 5% cash back from TopCashback.
We really wanted SSR as we love the resort & a stroll to DS .
I checked the site daily ,until, on 02/12/2018 SSR became available, a quick call & a £50 amendment fee later ... a happy dance…... & we are now staying @ SSR 😁

Edited at 07:36 PM.
mikejt26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We originally booked Akl with free dining, 150 discount ( as no gift card) and free amendments. Okw became available so we swapped. The studio works out at £260 per night( with free ddp) for 2 adults and 2 kids and tickets ontop. 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

You can check how many dvc points you would need on the dibb dvc calculator.

Then you can work out how much that route would cost (approx)

In case you are right about no or limited dining plan and/or okw availability.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List