Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Feb 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

We just went through two weeks ago. So everyone who didn't have a new ESTA was directed to the machines. If you had a new ESTA you had to go to a desk. We went up to the machine as a family (3 adults) and it was really straight forward. First time in ages we haven't been stopped for a second screening. In May we will be going through again but as my Dad has a new ESTA we may have to go with him to the desk. The desks however didn't have much of a queue from what I could see.
Old 12 Feb 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cameragirl69
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi guys cant quite believe that I am logging on again! Last year (Dads' 70th was meant to be our last time in Orlando after over 16 visits) However for my 50th and Mums 70th joint birthdays it looks like we may be breaking our promise! Anyway having flown in and out of both MCO and SFB over the years I have found a good deal flying with BA into Miami. How easy is it to drive up to Orlando from this airport. Silly question I know but having never gone anywhere near this airport could do with all the tips I can get. Thought maybe of having a couple of days in this area before the drive up does this sound like a good plan? Thanks guys its good to be back lol
cameragirl69 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cameragirl69 View Post
Hi guys cant quite believe that I am logging on again! Last year (Dads' 70th was meant to be our last time in Orlando after over 16 visits) However for my 50th and Mums 70th joint birthdays it looks like we may be breaking our promise! Anyway having flown in and out of both MCO and SFB over the years I have found a good deal flying with BA into Miami. How easy is it to drive up to Orlando from this airport. Silly question I know but having never gone anywhere near this airport could do with all the tips I can get. Thought maybe of having a couple of days in this area before the drive up does this sound like a good plan? Thanks guys its good to be back lol
Its really easy to drive! Its like one road all the way up. Most confusing bit is leaving the car hire area to get to the highway but once there you are all set. Its a bit of a trek and nothing to see but we've done it most years - doing again in May as well Ask when you exit the car park bit for directions and you are all set.
Old 12 Feb 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Phild
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

That’s interesting what did they define as a ‘new’ ESTA? Could this be the first murmurings of any problems with the ‘no middle name’ issue where people mistakenly omitted their middle names on the ESTA application. Are they sending ‘new’ ESTA completions to desks automatically because they’re having machine/middle name issues?
Phild is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Did you have kids with you?
No, 2 adults

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Phild View Post
That’s interesting what did they define as a ‘new’ ESTA? Could this be the first murmurings of any problems with the ‘no middle name’ issue where people mistakenly omitted their middle names on the ESTA application. Are they sending ‘new’ ESTA completions to desks automatically because they’re having machine/middle name issues?
They just said if you had never entered the US on the ESTA you had then you needed to go to the desk. I wasn't sure if it was to do with the ESTA itself or just that your biometrics wouldn't be linked to it yet so this has to be done manually the first time.
Old 18 Feb 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
toonmadlad
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mrs-Weasley View Post
Thanks for all your replies guess I will just wait and see. I do love interacting with those stern customs officers 😂
We went through the Immigration desk with my 1.5 year old, the Immigration officer was the best I've ever had in a US airport, he was very polite and helpful.

Getting through Immigration and Miami airport was a breeze, a lot better than MCO or Sanford.
Old 19 Feb 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
antietam
Imagineer

Hi
When they asked you to go to the desks if you had a new Esta, did they mean first ever esta or a renewed new esta as old one had expired.

We are going with 3 Estas and 1 Visa... can you still use machines with this mix?.
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
I landed yesterday at 3:45 and was in my rental car by 4:25. Admittedly I was travelling UC and have Global Entry but the regular lines were virtually empty

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Only the option to use the machines when we flew into Miami last October. Quick and easy to use.

Edited at 02:33 PM.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List