Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Feb 19, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Grand Floridian

I have posted this message on a different board but I have not received a reply - hope someone here can help!

Hello all!
I was hoping you’d be able to help me with a few questions I have about staying at the GF for the first time coming from the UK! We are renting points.
In August, my husband and I will be staying one night at AKL (DVC Savannah Studio) followed by one night at the GF (DVC lake view). We have our resort day at AKL planned but are struggling with making the best of our night at GF. We will be checking into the GF on the 20th and will be attending Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party. I know the check in time is 4pm and check out time is 11 the next day but I was wondering how best to enjoy the facilities that the GF offers.

1) Will Bell Services transfer our luggage from AKL to GF or is this only for non DVC guests (renting or otherwise)?
2) If we visit guest services, will they let us use the pool at the GF on check in day before our room is ready?
3) Where would you recommend either for lunch at the GF on check in day or breakfast on check out day?
4) Any other ideas on how to use our limited time at the resort whilst working around the Halloween party?
5) Any room or location suggestions? We haven’t even visited the GF before (shock, I know!) and so the maps don’t really make sense to me at the moment..

Thank you in advance for your help with any of the queries above!
strawbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We stayed DVC at the Grand Floridian for 5 nights last August.

Yes Bell Services will transfer your luggage. Once you have checked into your resort you should be able to use the pool facilities.

In the lobby in the DVC building at certain times there is a Nespresso Machine for free coffee and a free iced water dispenser.

Check out the Grand Floridian Cafe menu, we have had lovely meals there.

Although we adore our home resort at AKL we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the GF and hope to stay there again next year.

Enjoy your stay.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:33 AM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
We stayed DVC at the Grand Floridian for 5 nights last August.

Yes Bell Services will transfer your luggage. Once you have checked into your resort you should be able to use the pool facilities.

In the lobby in the DVC building at certain times there is a Nespresso Machine for free coffee and a free iced water dispenser.

Check out the Grand Floridian Cafe menu, we have had lovely meals there.

Although we adore our home resort at AKL we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the GF and hope to stay there again next year.

Enjoy your stay.
Thank you - definitely doing to check out the Grand Floridian Cafe menu! Have you tried the afternoon tea? Or the character meal at 1900 Park Fare?
strawbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

The Grand Floridian cafe was really enjoyable when we were there in 2017.

You can gain access to MK/the party from 4pm (although it doesn’t start until 7) but I’d check in first - or see if they’ll accommodate a slightly earlier check in if you explain - as otherwise it will be super late by the time you get back from the party.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
The Grand Floridian cafe was really enjoyable when we were there in 2017.

You can gain access to MK/the party from 4pm (although it doesn’t start until 7) but I’d check in first - or see if they’ll accommodate a slightly earlier check in if you explain - as otherwise it will be super late by the time you get back from the party.
Will definitely request for earlier check in although I know it’s not always guaranteed. I’m really looking forward to our stay there - sadly it can’t be longer this time!
Old 19 Feb 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by strawbs View Post
Thank you - definitely doing to check out the Grand Floridian Cafe menu! Have you tried the afternoon tea? Or the character meal at 1900 Park Fare?
Unfortunately not but we have eaten on three occasions at the GF Cafe.

Just in case you don’t know but you can check-in at the DVC building at the GF. Whenever we were going I had looked online to see if we went there or the main GF building and read it was the main building, who were actually able to check us in but the magic bands disappeared as they only hold them for one day at the DVC building before sending them back.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Colorman
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

GF Cafe is a good choice, have there dozens of times over the past few years, consistently excellent food and service.
Colorman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Unfortunately not but we have eaten on three occasions at the GF Cafe.

Just in case you don’t know but you can check-in at the DVC building at the GF. Whenever we were going I had looked online to see if we went there or the main GF building and read it was the main building, who were actually able to check us in but the magic bands disappeared as they only hold them for one day at the DVC building before sending them back.
That’s really good to know - I hadn’t even realised there was a whole separate building etc. Think I might need to watch a few YouTube videos and walk throughs.
Not sure if I understand the magic bands part correctly?
Old 19 Feb 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
strawbs
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colorman View Post
GF Cafe is a good choice, have there dozens of times over the past few years, consistently excellent food and service.
Perfect! Definitely getting added to the ADR list - booking day for us tomorrow!