Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Feb 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Any 'lesser known' stuff at Epcot worth doing?

Been a couple of times before but generally stick to main stuff like Test Track, Soarin, Mission Space, the worlds. In the past have done Figment and one or two other things but is there anything else like that we (kids are 11 and 8) are missing out on and worth doing?

Ling with Land, Durch, any shows for example?

We plan 2 visits to Epcot and don't need to fill any time in, as would rather spend time at pool etc... unless there is something else worth doing?
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Have you done World Showcase? - possibly my favourite part of the whole "World".

There's loads of things to discover wondering round the different pavilions. your children may find the attractions tame but may enjoy the performers, especially the Chinese acrobats and the Japanese drummers, and the shops
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post

I enjoy living with the land actually. Reminds me of what Epcot was originally all about.

Presuming you have been to club cool and tortured with Beverly?

Your kids are also of an age to do the various treasure hunts round the world showcase. The lively Duffy has gone, but we did the online one - cannot remember it's name. Don't know what this year's offering is.

My kids loved it, learnt a lot, I did find it a bit painfully slow, but that was because they were engrossed. So no reflection of the huntingbor experience for the kids, whom, frankly it was aimed at, just my patience thresholds!

Edited at 01:43 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

The back of Morocco is beautiful and cool. Love the drummers but have yet to see the acrobats.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
Have you done World Showcase? - possibly my favourite part of the whole "World".

There's loads of things to discover wondering round the different pavilions. your children may find the attractions tame but may enjoy the performers, especially the Chinese acrobats and the Japanese drummers, and the shops
We haven't been to EPCOT since 2010 but dozens of times before that.

We could spend at least half a day just wandering around World Showcase.

Mick
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Also loved the Pixar Short films
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

World showcase is my favourite but it’s not a theme park in the traditional sense. If you go looking for thrill rides you will be disappointed. It’s more a place to soak up the atmosphere. Stroll around. Do the treasure hunt game. Try something to eat or drink. Watch some street performers. Delve right to the back of the lands. There are moons and crannys in some of them where you can find something different. We like China there are often acrobats. There’s an exhibit about the park in Shanghai (or there was in 2017). Mulan might be there.

In Canada there’s a cute film, and a pretty walk through gardens and a waterfall. It’s not big or earth shattering but it’s pretty and you’d miss it if you just walked up the main path.

In future world we like Turtle Talk with crush. It’s a cute show and quite cleverly done.

I also like living with the land. But it’s just nostalgia. If you go with expectations you will be disappointed.

I also love Spaceship Earth. But again it’s about expectations. It’s not a thrill ride. It’s more education-entertainment which was the original aim of Epcot.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

We weren't fussed at all about visiting Epcot on our first trip as a couple in 2012 remembering it being 'boring' as kids. However, we now love it - its our second favourite park. We enjoy the rides/active side of the park but also the world showcase - walking round with a drink, taking in the atmosphere and entertainment. In fact I think that's our favourite bit.

There's lots to look at if you explore inside each pavilion and even more to eat and drink - lots of people even set challenges to have something at each one.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Love Living with the Land.

Also the Lion King Show - but I seem to remember that might have closed now (it was in the same building with LWTL, Garden Grill, Sunshine Seasons IIRC)

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

Yes, we spend a big chunk of time in world showcase. It was more the Test Track end of the park. Done Nemo etc... before and no real interest to revisit.
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List