Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I dont think I could hold on for the loo for four hours?!

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by princessgem View Post
I dont think I could hold on for the loo for four hours?!
Me neither.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
TIMBUCK2
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
What do you expect Disney to do? Stop people from queuing once the queue gets past 1 hour? Of course, all that will do is make the queues at the other rides longer. Perhaps make the ride a bit rubbish so it doesnt attract as many people?

If people want to wait 4 hours then thats up to them.
Not sure why the smart alec response, a bit uncalled for. I apologise unreservedly for having the audacity to criticise anything Disney related, what was I thinking !

I'm sure the great minds within the Disney corporation can come up with a way to reduce a regular 4 or 5 hour wait time, especially as they realise customers aren't parting with their hard-earned cash when stood in a queue.

When people are shelling out hundreds of pounds for a ticket then any ride shouldn't be off-limits just because they weren't lucky enough to get an FP or don't have the inclination to get up at daft o'clock to queue for an hour before rope-drop to then likely join another queue at FOP.

I'm not disputing that it's the most popular ride in Orlando or that it's personal choice whether to join a lengthy queue or not, but I'm pretty certain that most people would rather get on with enjoying the rest of the park & their holidays.

PS thanks for the encouragement at the end of your post, we live in hope !
TIMBUCK2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We were unable to get fast passes for this ride so had to make sure we were at the front of rope drop to stand any chance of a reasonable wait time for this ride. We were very lucky and managed (not sure quite how) to get on one of the first rides which was before 8 am. By the time we got off and went on the river ride it was still only 8.05 am and the queue for FOP was well over 1 hour. Although we enjoyed the ride would never consider waiting more than a maximum of 40 minutes for a ride.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
TIMBUCK2
Trying for More Ears

Thanks JAF, in reality the rope drop will probably be our plan of attack as well, on either our 1st or 2nd full day there while we're still on UK time and wide awake at 3am ! As you say, even then we'll have to be lucky has others will be in the same boat. I think a max. 1 hour wait will be our limit so if over that we'll admit defeat and go on the river ride, which will be a shame.

We're only in Orlando for 12 nights so realistically will only get to AK for 2 days max, so not much room for manoeuvre.
TIMBUCK2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by paul,sal&boys View Post
Ive just rearranged our first day park to take advantage of jet lag early wake ups to get there for rope drop and .. run!
What is this that i am Reading now for the second time about early wake ups because of jetlag? We are expecting to be in bed around 10pm the night we arrive. So i planned to sleep a bit longer because i suspect we will be very tired of the long journey and start the holiday with a slighty later start at 1 of Disneys waterparks. But now i read it might be a better idea to start the first day early? (We are also planning the early morning Rope drop for FOP at AK)
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

If your normal wake up time is 8am it can be tough to sleep longer, even though youre going to bed super late (10pm Florida time is 3am uk)... so even if you sleep to 10am UK time then its still only 5am Florida time... takes a day or two to adjust...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The latest we've EVER woken up on a first day is 8am, usually we're ready to go out by 6am! Lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by deanobrown View Post
The latest we've EVER woken up on a first day is 8am, usually we're ready to go out by 6am! Lol
We have never been awake later than 5am even after two weeks!

On arrival day we had 3 hours sleep the night before, didnt arrive at the hotel till after 10pm and went to bed about midnight. But next morning we were awake 3am and figuring out the coffee maker!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm always awake at 3am the first couple of mornings- hubby is still snoring by 8! After the first couple of days we manage to adjust fairly quickly though.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List