Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Too much too early?

Hi all,

Staying onsite last 2 weeks August. 2A 2C (9 & 13)

Wanting to make most of morning EMH at start of holiday due to jetlag etc.

Starting from 1st morning Looking at doing...

Day 1 - EMH Epcot
Day 2 - EMH Magic Kingdom
Day 3 - Lie in! Pool day
Day 4 - EMH Hollywood Studios
Day 5 - EMH Animal Kingdom

We also have an 08:10 BOG breakfast on Day 6 but may cancel this depending how we go!

Do you think we are asking too much for these early morning get ups? Whats your experience/advice?
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think that the first 3 days are fine, generally by your day 4/5 we are on US time so really depends on how they are with early starts? I also think a lot depends on not pushing the first few, basically no from Dawn to Dusk days. Even without EMH we prefer to get to the parks before the mid morning crowd build up
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I supppse it depends on what your like as a family. We manage an early start maybe the first 3 mornings (especially after travel day) then struggle after that, but then again I’m not a morning person and it’s very difficult to shoehorn 2 teenagers out of bed in the morning at the best of times! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think that’s an excellent plan (I am a strong supporter of the early bird catching the worm at WDW). You are wise to put a rest day in the middle and I would focus on plans that end mid afternoon for a swim/nap. Save the evening experiences for later in your trip. Make sure you don’t waste time on these visits eating breakfast. With good plans you’ll have cleared a good portion of the parks with low queues meaning you can take other days in the parks at a more relaxed pace. Just remember to keep everyone fed and hydrated if park storming. We do this type of plan every trip even 11 trips in but I book a table service lunch for 1pm as we are very ready for it by then. I build in a snack stop about 10am assuming an 8am start. That prevents temper tantrums but I plan for a good stop that fits with our touring plan. There’s food kiosks everywhere so that’s easy.
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We went last August where as we usually go at Easter, and we just found the heat and humidity unbelievable for the 1st few days it really knocked the stuffing out of us and we found ourselves drawn to the sunbeds a lot more ;-)
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ok thanks for the help! I should have said that we are planning on leaving parks early, around 1pm for pool time etc and on days 4 &5 back to another park later.

Only fly in the ointment is 13 yr old Daughter! She likes a lie in! It's only the first few days though and then we are reversing it to later nights on 2nd week.
walshi is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
We are planning on doing EMH every day that it is available. Staying until lunch then going back to CSR for a rest/swim then hitting the parks again in the evening.

My wife is the one that may struggle with this so she may just catch the bus in later and meet up with DD and myself although her FOMO may mean she will just carry on!

If we feel like EMH is getting too much then we will back off but that's not the plan at the moment.
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
walshi
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
We are planning on doing EMH every day that it is available. Staying until lunch then going back to CSR for a rest/swim then hitting the parks again in the evening.

My wife is the one that may struggle with this so she may just catch the bus in later and meet up with DD and myself although her FOMO may mean she will just carry on!

If we feel like EMH is getting too much then we will back off but that's not the plan at the moment.
Hmmm never thought of the option of anyone joining later! May use that as an alternative. Thanks!
Old 20 Feb 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

I'm not a fan of EMH hours in general so I'm not sure I'd go with this plan. We absolutely make use of the early starts but find EMH mornings pointless as the parks just end up being busier.

Epcot is a real problem for this, in our experience Test Track doesnt like early mornings and there's a good chance it may not be running. Its close to the top of the list when it comes to unreliability.
Old 20 Feb 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I generally find that it takes me until at least day 4 or 5 before I start to get into the swing of Florida time. I find that once we have one lay in it is much harder to get everybody up early again the next morning so we tend to do all our early mornings in a row if possible.

We didn't really enjoy the EMH at Epcot because the queues were too long to ride both Test Track and Soarin and the other rides are generally quite easy to do on an ordinary morning.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List