Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieandCarl
Trainee Dibber

How to plan days in parks before EMH are released?!

Hello...

I am getting very confused.

We are staying onsite from the 22nd November and have DDP. I know we won't be able to book ADRs until May, however I was hoping to have outlined which days we are spending at each park before this point.

I've just read they don't release park hours until 180 days before, which is the same day you can book ADRS, so as crowd calendars take into account EMH how are you supposed to work out the best days to visit each park and plan your ADRs before they are released?

To be honest with Galaxy's Edge I imagine our whole honeymoon will be a write-off because of crowds anyway, but I live in hope it opens after we leave

Thanks in advance for any help!
EllieandCarl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Pick a park you want to go to, then go to it! I don't use EMH so that's what I do.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
micki6
Getting to know the DIBB

Have a look at the park hours on this site,they are usually a pretty good guide as to what the hours will be and iv used them for my pre planning on every trip iv been on 😀
Old 20 Feb 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EllieandCarl View Post
Hello...

I am getting very confused.

We are staying onsite from the 22nd November and have DDP. I know we won't be able to book ADRs until May, however I was hoping to have outlined which days we are spending at each park before this point.

I've just read they don't release park hours until 180 days before, which is the same day you can book ADRS, so as crowd calendars take into account EMH how are you supposed to work out the best days to visit each park and plan your ADRs before they are released?

To be honest with Galaxy's Edge I imagine our whole honeymoon will be a write-off because of crowds anyway, but I live in hope it opens after we leave

Thanks in advance for any help!
Remember, if you are staying onsite there is nothing to say you can’t go to a park for a large part of the day and go somewhere else to eat in the evening.

We are for instance, doing EMH at AK home after QS lunch and then have an ADR at the boardwalk in the evening. We personally only eat in Parks if it’s character or a special meal. Apart from Epcot I’m not a fan of TS meals in the parks. Also unless there are particular restaurants like CG etc that get busy you’ll still be able to get bookings closer to the date. I’m still tweaking my plans and have still got reservations 60+ days out

Edited at 02:59 PM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I worried about this, but I am going 17th September so my ADR day is 21st March however the Busy Day guide for Sept was finalised last week (with the exception of Universal), giving me a whole month to plan my ADR's.

Don't worry, there will be a gap between, especially as you are going later in the month

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

The park hours don't appear on Disney's site until a rolling 180, but they're actually released in their system in blocks the month before. So for November, you should get them in the park hours section here around mid-April (as Dibb has access to the system to view the advance dates) so will have plenty of time before your ADRs.

FWIW, the EMH schedule hasn't changed in over two years now. It's always the same parks on the same days unless there's a special event that causes a one-off change. Late November has a high chance of SWGE being open which may change that, but I suspect it will have bonus EMH every day (like Pandora and TSL did for their openings) without affecting the base schedule.

Also keep in mind if you're staying on-site, the busy day guide caters for off-site guests. The guide is different for on-site guests, as morning EMH are recommended if you're able to get there in time to use them effectively. But I also agree with Andybear, I have other reasons for choosing which park on which day and EMH doesn't actually play a factor in those decisions either way.

Edited at 06:11 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List