Notices

Old 16 May 17, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
covgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Just us - First holiday to Florida alone! Pre trip report June 2017

Hey!
So here it goes, I haven't done one of these since 2011, fast forward a few years and I'm still a child and a massive Disney geek!
Let me introduce myself..

I'm Chelsey, 25 and soon to be 26. I have been lucky enough to visit the most magical place on earth a handful of times, my first visit being when I was 8 years old. I work for an airline as Cabin Crew but I promise I'm not cheating! I'm only thinking of the times I've had a holiday there
I could hold a conversation about Disney for hours, my current favourite character is Pluto (this has changed over the years). My favourite Disney classic film is a tough call between Cinderella and Bambi. I'm aiming to collect all 52 DVDs (there's a lot of numbers being thrown about out there but I'm going to go with 52). My collection currently stands at 20! I also absolutely love the recreations of the Disney films, Cinderella and Pete's Dragon are incredible! Finally, I love an emoji...

Dominic (Dom) 28, soon to be 29
I met Dom when I was 15 years old, he popped the question in Central Park, New York on November 28th 2012 and we married on November 28th 2014
Dom was practically forced to love Disney by me. However I know he has a secret love for Donald Duck. He even has a Donald key ring, Christmas tree decoration and a couple of stuffed toys floating around. Dom also hates photos, tough... as I'm a big fan of my camera and creating memories!
This is us on a family holiday last year to NYC, celebrating our 2nd year wedding anniversary standing in the same spot where he proposed

And this is us on our special day

We are proud first time home owners to a lovely house since May 2015. And of course mum and dad to 2 fur babies can't leave them out now!
Introducing Mary our 10 year old Staffy

And Copper (if you can guess where I got his name from you get 10 points ) our 8 month old German Shepherd

Unfortunately they are not allowed to join us on our holiday!
So explaining the title of this thread, excluding our honeymoon this will only be our 2nd holiday together, just us. And our first holiday to Florida alone. Dom's first visit to the states was back in 2009 if my memory serves me well. Very excited to spend quality time together at my favourite place on earth

Right so this time we are adding a few new things in to mix it up! We have decided to do:
-Magic Kingdom twice, once during the day for rope drop and then to see the new Happily Ever After show one evening.
-Typhoon Lagoon
-Mini Golf twice.. Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland
-Volcano Bay
-Universal/IOA
-Day at Daytona Beach followed by an evening watching the Coke Zero 400 NASCAR
-Kennedy Space Centre
-Disney Springs
-4th July evening at Celebration

Unbelievably excited to try new things and see the changes! So more holiday details...

Flights
Extremely lucky and excited to be flying Upper Class with Virgin Atlantic LGW-MCO, using all my Flying Club miles that I have saved over the years.
And flying home MCO-LGW with British Airways.

Accommodation
For the first time, staying at the Radisson Celebration Hotel

Mixed trip advisor reviews but hey I'm up for it!

Car Hire
Still not decided, but knowing Dom we will end up with one of these..!

Well that is all for now! Thank you for taking the time to read my Pre Trip Report (rambling)
42 days and counting!

Edited at 01:02 PM.
covgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sounds fantastic! So jealous that you are only 41 days to go! X
Old 17 May 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
covgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
Sounds fantastic! So jealous that you are only 41 days to go! X
We don't normally go at this time of year, it's usually end of August so I'm excited! Are you going for Christmas?

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney
covgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

Just after - 28 December - 11 January...not telling the kids or my husband until Xmas day (have no idea how I am going to keep the secret that long!)

We've been in May, June, August, Sept, and Oct before - June is a lovely time to go
Old 18 May 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Twinklestar1
VIP Dibber

Twinklestar1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
ooh sounds fantastic - hope you have a lovely time and look forward to reading along!
Old 19 May 17, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip ! Looking forward to reading along x

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Great name for a dawg (Fox and the Hound)
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jo3kids
Proud to wear my Ears

we have a dog named copper aswell our is because hes that coloured and he was paid with scrap metal saved as he is a electrician! lol great trip report
jo3kids is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
covgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
Just after - 28 December - 11 January...not telling the kids or my husband until Xmas day (have no idea how I am going to keep the secret that long!)

We've been in May, June, August, Sept, and Oct before - June is a lovely time to go
WOW! what a fabulous surprise I think I'd cry with joy!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney
Old 20 May 17, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
covgirl
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you everyone! A soccer game between Orlando SC and Toronto FC has also been added into the itinerary