Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Agree totally on the planning thing. I've commented before on this. I've lived by the clock at home (or I did before I retired!), got up at a set time, saw people at agreed times, had lunch at the same time and went home at the same time as most other people in the area.

I remember Disney before Fast Passes and wish they'd go back to those days. We'd stand 'in line' and wait our turn and it didn't seem too bad in those days. Are the crowds any worse now? I don't think so. FP's seem like authorised queue jumping to me so I don't participate.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
Now I'm sat in bed on Anna Maria Island with no plan to do anything as yet!

My favourite place in Florida!
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GemKate View Post
We find it really stressful to *not* plan. When we went we had the spreadsheet with ADRs, FP and non-FP rides scheduled in 1 hour blocks for the two weeks - although we did tweak things while there. Without it we would have spent the whole holiday in choice paralysis.

Our conversations mostly go like this...

Gemma: What do you want to do next?
Katie: I'm not sure, what do you want to do?
Gemma: Well I don't mind, what do you think?
20 mins later..
Katie: Argh! Should we just go here?
Gemma: OK, if that's what you want to do...

And on, and on, and on. Having a plan is the only way to avoid doing nothing!
This is me and my boyfriend all over! Even with picking where to eat if we go for a meal out at home.

We've done a plan for our trip because it's our first trip, we are going at a busy time and because we wanted to make sure we can do as much as we can.

We've booked a few ADR's and fasspasses with the view that we can always cancel or change as we go along.

H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Why does it matter what other people do on holiday? Just do your holiday your way and dont worry about other ppeople
This, this & this!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

We have been lucky enough to visit when there were no fast passes, no Adr's and also when they brought out the Fast pass machines, and pre booking meals. However this time when we visit next Easter we will find it very difficult, as me and DH have 5 days left on some non expired tickets. The rest of our party can purchase tickets and in theory get fast passes booked in advance. What do we do? Really strugggling with it.
Any suggestions?
Also can we prebook bathroom breaks

Edited at 04:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TerryAFS View Post
Are the crowds any worse now? I don't think so.
Yes they are! I went many times in the 90s in the summer. You never had 2 hours+ to wait to go on Splash or Big Thunder.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ShamuLvr
Very Serious Dibber

A work colleague is out there at the moment and he hasn't visited Orlando since 1998. He had no clue about magic bands and booking FP's so many days out to get the popular rides. The Florida regulars talked him through MDE and he booked maybe two FP's at Hollywood Studios and then he refused to do anymore as he wanted to enjoy his holiday and not be dictated to by the new system (his wife thought the same). Said he was looking forward more to Universal than Disney purely for that reason.

I sort the flights, hotels, tickets, API etc and make sure everyone has their passports in date and ESTA approved but that's the most planning I will do!
ShamuLvr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

Each to their own. I don't understand how other people choose to plan or not plan their own holidays can frustrate you?

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluefish
Getting Excited

Anyone watch 'The Middle'?

There was a great 2 part episode on their trip to Disney, and the planning folder.
Bluefish is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

We didn't plan and missed so many things as we were in the wrong park on the wrong day. I'm now a planner as it makes MY holiday more enjoyable as I don't miss things. Don't understand why this would frusrate anyone else though - surely they would just be getting on with their own holiday in their own way?

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List