Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

Thomas cooks Airline

Booked flights with Thomas Cooks PE, never been on them before, always been with VA can anyone tell me what they are like please
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We flew back PE with Thomas Cook in October and it was fine seats were comfortable the service from the cabin crew was good but there was no choice on the meal and I can't remember what it was sorry.
The IFE isn't as good as Virgin but for the price made up for that.

I'm looking for flights for next September and they're currently the cheapest by quite a bit.
Old 27 Nov 18, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch73
VIP Dibber

We flew with them in July, not PE though, we had no problems going out - cabin crew were great, food was lovely and hot, range of films was ok but took our own on kindles.

On the way back was worse, had a delay at MCO due to an idiot mentioning bomb whilst on a plane at the neighboring gate, so FBI and airport security shut down the 6 gates so a 2 hour delay (NOT TC's fault). We got on the plane to find no IFE, they didn't want to delay us any longer so they didn't fix it, they said if they hadn't had the delay it would have been fixed but we thought it wouldn't really a problem as we hoped to sleep. The main problem was they decided to give everyone a complimentary drink, great, but the evening meal wasn't served until 11pm, which messed everything up, kids screaming, stressed cabin crew, adults grumbling. We just went to sleep but then got disturbed with them giving us food.
I know it doesn't seem much but it just put a damper on the end of the holiday.

Saying all that would happily fly with them again.

WDW - 2005, 2010, 2014, 2018
DLP - 2008, 2009,2017
DLC - 2020, 2023,
Stitch73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We have flown 3 times with them and have booked for next year,they are great lovely planes lots of leg room and great food.The flight attendants are lovely!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

we booked with them for next november instead of virgin better flight times and the fact they do direct debit payments for holiday booked forget so easy now just have to save the spends
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We fly with them every year. Economy out PE home. Great service in PE.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Flew our honeymoon trip with them and they were great. Booked PE this time for April 2019.

Their fleet is far modern than the old hunk of junk that Virgin is flying and keep trying to warrant a premium price for the Virgin brand.

The IFE might not be AS good as Virgin which some will class as a letdown but it's more than adequate. I thought it was very good.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We upgraded at the airport last year to PE and really enjoyed the flight. We did have a choice of food and drinks. TV service was good. Nice relaxed flight

We have booked PE this year and looking forward to it.
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We have flown TC PE a few times, mainly to the West Coast, and I think they are great. Have just booked PE for next September, flying on a Saturday, to MCO which was over £400pp cheaper than Virgin.No brainer for us

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

Thank you for all your replies
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List