Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Thomas Cook Premium Baggage Allowance

We will be travelling TC PE to Orlando in Oct 20, but when we booked we were told the baggage allowance for hold was now 32kg pp. We’ve booked through a TA so asked if it was more for PE as last time we travelled (2016) it was 46kg each. They told us this was the PE amount.
Anyway I went into manage my booking to see if we could add extra and the booking says that we have PE 46kg each exactly the same as 2016. So might not need the extra after all - please don’t judge the amount we’ve had some requests from relatives to bring items back
Spoke with the TA they’ve said it’s definitely only 32kg each, online chat said the same. So I’m thinking of screen shotting the page that says 46kg each and playing the ignorance card, what are dibbers thoughts?
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
stevetrunk
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

It is only 32k with TC in premium and its only one bag I don't even think you can split into two bags per person. They are really hot on it on the return journey and to be honest I doubt if you would get much joy at the airport claiming innocence. We are the same with luggage on the way home and purchase an extra bag of 23K for the return journey with Thomas cook airlines and to be honest we do it over the phone so there are no mistakes. It did go to 46K ie two cases of 23k but that was a few years ago and it only lasted a short time before they changed it.
stevetrunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

Our booking confirmation for our August flights says 32kg and I would expect the airport staff to point to that.

Edit: Also says one piece

Edited at 11:10 AM.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stevetrunk View Post
It is only 32k with TC in premium and its only one bag I don't even think you can split into two bags per person. They are really hot on it on the return journey and to be honest I doubt if you would get much joy at the airport claiming innocence. We are the same with luggage on the way home and purchase an extra bag of 23K for the return journey with Thomas cook airlines and to be honest we do it over the phone so there are no mistakes. It did go to 46K ie two cases of 23k but that was a few years ago and it only lasted a short time before they changed it.
That’s strange about the number of bags because TC also told us there was a maximum weight of 25Kg per bag due to health and safety of baggage handlers so we were going to be splitting the 32kg over 2 cases anyway.
I really think they should update their systems to make it clearer, to have the booking day one thing on paper and online say something else is very confusing and I’m sure could leave them open to complaints.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My booking for September with TC PE says 32kg, one bag only. But hand luggage is increased to 10kg, which I believe is more then economy? Could be wrong with that info though! Anyway, we are thinking of booking an extra bag for the way home as I know I will need it!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

So I’ve contacted by phone, they have said that the manage my booking is an error, and that it is in fact 32kg and one bag each maximum weight applies due to health and safety
However due to the error we can book the additional bag (only needed for coming home) and they are charging £25 instead of £50 so I think we’ve got a good deal
Old 11 May 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

32kg

Can we put all the 32kg in one bag then ?
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by RUMBY View Post
Can we put all the 32kg in one bag then ?
That’s what they said on the phone, it used to be 25kg max for health and safety but it has increased to 32kg however you do have to put it all in one case.
Old 11 May 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
That’s what they said on the phone, it used to be 25kg max for health and safety but it has increased to 32kg however you do have to put it all in one case.
We've just returned from our fourth visit using TC PE. When we first went PE with them around 2015 I'm sure that the allowance was 2x23kg each which very quickly reduced to just 32kg each.

We have travelled more regularly with VS and BA PE where you do get 2x23kg each - handy for our pre-Christmas trips.

So for April we only pre-paid for one extra 25kg case on the return flight and as the holiday wore on I used to go in what we call the "shopping" bedroom and saw the shopping pile grow. B&BW stuff is very heavy.

I was beginning to regret not paying for another 23kg but I did check the TC Ts & Cs and I'm sure they said that 32kg was the maximum for one case. In the event all three cases were just below 23kg so I had no need to worry - Joan was confident anyway and said we could have gone to B&BW again.

In Nov/Dec we always take two cases nested inside others but we are usually BA now. Last trip we only took one nested case.

Mick