Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 19, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Sent our postal votes back last week so already done and dusted. We were a bit worried as our postal votes never arrived for our local elections which was very annoying and is the only time we have not exorcised our democratic right to vote.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
LaurenYorkshir
Imagineer

I always do the count. Our count is on Sunday. With the local elections a few weeks ago and then the European count it is a nice little bonus towards our holiday pot

LaurenYorkshir is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Floridavisitor, my comment about it being a long day is that, if it is really quiet the time passes very slowly, we love being busy as the interaction with the people makes it a enjoyable day. Our hours are fixed whether 1 or 100000 turn up. Think you misunderstood my comment!
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
At our area meeting, they reckon on 30% turnout with 50% being postal votes, I do hope people do come out and vote, but I have spoken to loads of friends and they are not bothering to vote, Im lucky as I am stationed at my polling station, so pop along to vote and I make sure all the family make an effort.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

Mobile

How do you get involved in the count or manning stations? Are they all just council employees?
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Froggy88 View Post
How do you get involved in the count or manning stations? Are they all just council employees?
They advertise. I don't work for the council. I do the stations but also do the registration of voters which involves going house to house where people havn't responded.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
She has researched the candidates and the D'Hondt method
The D'Hondt system is a bit weird. I mean, why they can't just apply the percentage each party receives to the number of seats on offer and round up/down, I don't know.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Nope - but I will be voting , so a big thank you to you all for being there!

My daughter will have her first ever voting experience (alongside taking an A' level English paper!), an exciting day for us, cannot wait for her to take part in yet another milestone of life - able to vote, to contribute to the democratic process. She has researched the candidates and the D'Hondt method with the fervour of a new teenage voter, which has, to be honest, enthused us old timers too.

Walking there together as a family - can't wait.
My DD has just filled in her postal vote, with me and DH and posted them on her way to college. She also has researched and carefully considered which party she mostly agreed with. I believe she has come up with a slightly different decision than many older voters would too which could signal that the predicted to do well parties don’t actually appeal to the young voters.

She was very excited and interested in being able to vote too. I wish more people had the same enthusiasm and turned out to vote.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Froggy88 View Post
I think it depends. Certainly there’s a bit of a waiting list at the local authority OH works for so I guess they would only advertise externally if that dried up?

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
At our area meeting, they reckon on 30% turnout with 50% being postal votes, I do hope people do come out and vote, but I have spoken to loads of friends and they are not bothering to vote, Im lucky as I am stationed at my polling station, so pop along to vote and I make sure all the family make an effort.
Have they said why they aren't voting...is it in protest, because it's EU and we're leaving or apathy?
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List