Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Feb 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I stopped colouring my hair 3 years ago and am now mostly grey. I get loads of compliments on the colour which never happened when I had dark hair and grey roots!

I wish I’d done it years before. I think on me grey roots were very aging and my hair grows so fast I almost always had roots.

Edited at 11:48 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have to do them more and more, but manage at about every 6 weeks (box at home)
Not ready to go grey but when I do, think I’ll go for the blonde option, would be so different as dark haired too👍👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Mobile

My greys start to come through after a couple of washes. Bloody pain.

I tried one of the sprays a couple of years ago but hated the way my hair felt and I obviously don't have the knack for using the stuff as I ended up with it over my face 😂

I have very dark hair and my hairdresser has suggested lightening it up gradually.

I don't know if I'll ever be ready to just go grey. My grandma decided a few months ago to stop colouring her hair because her scalp was getting itchy. She's 93 😂
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm naturally dark but had my hair a dark blonde the last five years or so. The grey was coming through quicker especially at the side where the blonde wasn't taking as well. So a couple of months ago I decided to go for a silver grey. The salon did silver grey steaks with and ash toner. Had it done a second time last week with more streaks. It's a work in progress as the grey grows in, I'd like it lighter than it is now eventually but doing it gradually is the best way. Eventually it'll be a lot more low maintenance.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
mine arnt a solid grey root ive just got strands through my dark hair of near on white
Im 38 in two days and not prepared for grey so I am having mine dyed before i go away
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am 45 and having been dying my hair since last 20s. My mam went completely grey in her late 40s. I get 2 weeks out of a colour b4 parting starts showing grey. I drag it out another 2 weeks using root spray or want but normally end up getting it done every 4 weeks. Wish there was an answer!
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I use a box dye every 3 weeks. The roots start showing after 2 and I stretch the 3rd week using wow colour touch up.

I’ve been dying my hair since my early 20s and will be turning 40 later this year. Obviously when I started I wasn’t dying it as frequently, maybe every 6-8 weeks.

Now I even have to take a box of dye on longer holidays 😞
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

In between salon dyes I use clairol root touch up dye, it grips quite well and I can stretch another 2-3 weeks before going back to the salon. But it's an overall costly do and I am half tempted to let nature take its course lol ( I'm 53 nearly) .
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
I used to dye my own hair but definitely found that the grey showed quicker. I also refuse to pay salon prices tbh but I have a mobile hairdresser who comes to the house so it’s a bit of a compromise... my roots definitely take longer to come through now. When it’s getting ‘desperate’ i use a produce called ‘wow’ ... it looks like an eyeshadow pallet and you just brush on your roots... it doesn’t cover completely but takes the harshness away and makes me less self conscious.
Do you mean your hair doesn’t grow as quick if you get it coloured by a hairdresser? Or is that you used a wash in dye at home so it just washed out rather than grew out? I just have a harsh grey/almost white stripe that from a distance looks like a huge parting!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I grew out my coloured hair a few years back in my early 30s as I developed a reaction to hair dye (after dying my hair from my early 20s to cover greys that's appeared from my mid/late teens). It took about 1.5 years to grow it out fully into a bob length hair cut (it was past my shoulders when I started). It looked pretty awful while it was growing out but I quite like my natural grey hair now and it's in great condition since I stopped colouring it too.
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List