Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

VA Flights

I have just seen this on my booking, My return flight is an hour early and a change of seat but still together,r both still direct ( plane change from 747 to 330) does this give me the option to get a refund or open ticket, not sure if we want to go this year now maybe next year we fly the 27th September?

SCHEDULE CHANGE
Just a reminder that there has been a change to your itinerary. If you're ok with this, then you don't need to do anything and we'll see you on board. If this change doesn't work for you then please contact us if you've booked with us directly.
If your booking has been booked through a travel agency, please call them to discuss other options. If your booking is part of a package with our friends at Virgin Holidays, or you have a Flight + Hotel or Flight + Car booking, you'll find more info here.
will redirect to virgin holidays page
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I don’t think an hour is classed as a significant change (6 hours plus I think)
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends when you booked your tickets as to whether you qualify for a open ticket.
I thought that as you fly before the 30th September you should qualify.
We fly 8th October and apparently don't (at the moment or if I pay £150 pp).
Old 8 Jun 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I have a similar query and it seems to have many different thoughts...
My DH has contacted Virgin and we are waiting to hear back ...
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1173341

Edited at 06:48 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

It's so difficult to decide what to do, we are going next year anyway with the family in November 2021 so thinking of not going this year with everything that has happened and getting an open ticket just worried in case they go bust
RUMBY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I doubt it as 1 hour is not a big change and many airlines tweak schedules like this. So dont think you can get a refund but you can request an open ticket if booked direct
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RUMBY View Post
It's so difficult to decide what to do, we are going next year anyway with the family in November 2021 so thinking of not going this year with everything that has happened and getting an open ticket just worried in case they go bust
I dont want an open ticket for this reason. If we can cancel I will out a CC claim in.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RUMBY
Getting Excited

Can you a CC claim thought you could only do this if they cancel and you can't get your money back or the company goes into administration ?
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by RUMBY View Post
Can you a CC claim thought you could only do this if they cancel and you can't get your money back or the company goes into administration ?
Sorry that is what I meant but no one is getting a refund if they have had their flights cancelled or chosen the cancellation over the replacement flights .
So aswell as requesting the refund people are recommending putting a CC claim in after 7 days which is the length of time a refund should take.
All hypothetical as we arent sure if we are legally allowed a refund.