Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-YNWA
Earning My Ears

Mobile Is anyone currently booked with TUI for a package & trying to cancel due to changes?

We booked a package through TUI in April 2019 when the dining plan got released, to fly early September. We've paid £500 deposit & our balance was due today.

Due to the current situation, we are wanting to cancel, but I don't want to lose my deposit.

My SO called them on Monday, following Disney UK & ATD announcement of the 35% room discount or free cancellation including full deposit. They said they were talking to Disney & should be updating us in a couple of days.

They also told him as long as we cancelled at 70 days out, we wouldn't lose more than the deposit (assuming of course, they don't decide to refund this!)

The problem is, nothing seems to be coming out. I've tweeted them twice this week & they seem to be ignoring me, but replying to other tweets. I don't want to ring again until we know what's going on, as it just seems pointless.

So I was wondering if anyone else is booked with them & if they've been told anything?

Thanks.
Emma-YNWA is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Personally I’d call them, screw twitter... however they are within their right to keep the deposit unless they cancel the holiday or go bust.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-YNWA
Earning My Ears

Mobile

If I've heard nothing by Monday I probably will, but surely with all the changes to the parks, fireworks, opening hours, dining plan, etc, I'm not getting the holiday I signed up to! If Disney & other TA's are offering full refund of deposit, then surely TUI should do the same, especially if Disney actually want people to cancel.
Old 18 Jun 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Beana10
Proud to wear my Ears

I called TUI as soon as the Disney announcements came out- TUI was awaiting instruction from Disney. I called them again last week to see if there was an update and I had to also try take my MIL off the booking as she's sadly passed away. They said they could reschedule my booking to next year and would waiver the fees- I didn't go ahead as I was feeling very indecisive- understandably. Anyhow I rang them today to see if any guidance from Disney had filtered through and they advised that still nothing. At this point I just asked her just to change it to next year and I wouldn't have to think about it again- well then she hinted that TUI were beginning to do 'programme changes' and would be calling affected bookings. She basically said I cannot tell you or advise you what to do but if you go ahead and change your holiday you may miss out . So she was hinting - I told her I'd wait to see the programme changes. She said good choice as typically when programme changes happen they give a rebooking incentive to keep hold of the bookings and in her opinion Disney would be affected as its changed significantly
Sorry it's long winded but I am holding out so I can change to next year and maybe get a better deal. I've been fortunate that I've been dealing with just one agent and she gave me her work email for contact.

Edited at 10:38 PM.
Beana10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma-YNWA
Earning My Ears

Mobile

I am so sorry to hear about your MIL, & understand how that would affect decision making, etc.
Thank you for sharing your experience, it's good to know something could be in the pipeline.
I have week or so before I have to make a hard & fast decision, so hopefully enough time for them to start offering incentives & cancellations.
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

I’ve told them I’m entitled to a refund as I’ve discovered that my resort isn’t even open when I’m due to travel (3 1/2 weeks time). TUI’s comes have been non existent; I’ve had to do all the leg work in identifying all the issues with my holiday. They’ve not actively contacted me once.

They keep fobbing me off saying that the ‘holiday change team’ will in touch next week to go through my options and that I’m ‘on the list’ (whatever that means) to be contacted. I’ve basically told them I’ll be expecting full refund as they can’t provide me with the holiday that I was sold, Unless they can give me a reasonable price for the same product next year, not the £4K more as it’s currently advertised.
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

I have just called them this morning at 09:00 and have paid my balance for my September trip as balance was due today. Did not want to lose £500 deposit. I think that we won’t be allowed into the USA anyway so Tui will have to refund or let me rebook for next year.
Was only on hold for 15 minutes.
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
jadepansy459
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

My experience with TUI is that it takes them forever and a day to get a full update regarding changes overseas that will impact their bookings.
The 'programme change' department , or otherwise known as holiday change are a team that only deal with issues or changes that impact your holiday and once they receive the full update and the go ahead they will generate an email and send to all customers impacted. It is just a matter of time before this hits your inbox. I can completely understand your frustration, I had a similar issue a few years back ... All other 3rd parties had informed their guests but TUI were the last to deal with it. It is blooming annoying ! But rest assured something will be done. If you're not happy with the offer they give you , you can then escalate from then on. As it stands it's all 'normal t&C's apply blah blah'

Hopefully you get it sorted asap
jadepansy459 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma-YNWA
Earning My Ears

Mobile

@grumpybri - mine was due yesterday but when I spoke to them Monday they said we had up to the 70 day point where would lose more than the deposit, so I'm holding out! I don't think we'll be allowed to go to America either but I also don't want to rebook for next year as I don't feel it will be back to "normal" by then either, so I'm not paying another penny as it seems too risky!
Old 19 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Did you book online or Instore ?
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List