Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 21 Jun 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

More Stress With WDW Tickets

So due to the situation with the Park Reservation System coming into play tomorrow 22nd I panicked into buying 3x WDW 14 day Ultimate Passes tonight for our stay in a Villa next May
Which I managed to link to MDE

1st Problem: After buying them I suddenly realised it's only Resort Guests with passes that are able to use the Park Reservation System on the 22nd, everybody else it's June 28th

2nd Problem they were asking for middle names on the passes same as what's on my passport which I thought was strange, so I ignored that as I've not had to do it before, then suddenly realised that you have to produce a government issued photo ID to pick up the tickets.
Anybody else had that problem with the ID? do I need to contact them to change the names?

Fed up of the stress, rescheduling holidays etc.
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
So due to the situation with the Park Reservation System coming into play tomorrow 22nd I panicked into buying 3x WDW 14 day Ultimate Passes tonight for our stay in a Villa next May

1st Problem: After buying them I suddenly realised it's only Resort Guests with passes that are able to use the Park Reservation System on the 22nd, everybody else it's June 28th

2nd Problem they were asking for middle names on the passes same as what's on my passport which I thought was strange, so I ignored that as I've not had to do it before, then suddenly realised that you have to produce a government issued photo ID to pick up the tickets.
Anybody else had that problem with the ID? do I need to contact them to change the names?

I wouldn't worry about the middle names, but best contact Disney just to be sure. So long as they know it's you when you collect 🙂

I think you'll be fine booking on the 28th to be honest.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi everyone,

Just having a quick visit here, as I wanted to see for myself if the rumours of horror stories are true... looks like it!

Certainly not going to bother at all for a couple of years... Would be such a let down, no longer a holiday at all, but just a comparison with how great it used to be.

Good luck to everyone who are actually giving it a go.

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Each to their own but I’m not getting involved in this charade. Booking specific dated park days up to 1 year in advance when I don’t even have flights booked, accommodation, leave approved etc, paying for tickets in full etc. No thank you.
Good luck to those who do participate though.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

If you've linked your tickets to MDE you're good to go. No need to call at will call or even contact Disney.

Did the same on Saturday purchased tickets, linked to MDE.

Going next May but have Disney stay before villa. Be interesting at noon today.
Old 22 Jun 20, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Correct, for ticket holders staying offsite.. you'll only be able to start booking your park days from the 28th.

The middle name, I wouldn't worry imo but chat to a CM via chat on the Disney website if you're overly concerned.

I'm with some of the others in here, myself and my partner have completely cancelled our 2021 trip.. it's been nothing but problems with this trip for us. First TC going bust having us to rush around and re-book initially for Sept 2020, then COVID forcing us to move to Sept 2021.. and then the park reservation system was the final nail.

We're going to use the money we were spending on this trip and put it towards moving into a bigger home. Disney will always be there and will plan to go back in 2023.

Good luck to everyone sticking through it and planning to go either later this year or 2021, but it's a no from me right now.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake

Edited at 07:40 AM.
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
If you've linked your tickets to MDE you're good to go. No need to call at will call or even contact Disney.

This is the same as me.. we have a week in Disney onsite then a week in a villa.. I’m assuming today we can only book our week onsite days? xxx
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
katluc
Serious Dibber

We have a villa booked for July 2021 xxxx going to push it forward to at least 2022 now as this is not good at all xxxx just not the holiday we’re used to and definitely not worth my hard earned money xxxx when I book a holiday I have to look forward to it from the beginning.

NICKY
katluc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post

Thanks but how do you get in the parks if you don't call at Will Call to collect the tickets?
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks but how do you get in the parks if you don't call at Will Call to collect the tickets?
You need to call at Will Call once you get to the parks (from TTC), unless you have magic bands linked to the account. We bought ours from the airport once we arrived in Orlando, and have used the magic bands for three holidays and never picked up the tickets.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List