Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jan 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
disney1st timer
Imagineer

I work full time (40 hours a week) but since working from home I’ve noticed I’m starting early (because I’m up and ready), working through my lunch (because it’s busy) and staying on longer at the end of the day (because it’s easier to catch up when the emails and teams calls have ended for the day). I’m probably doing an extra 1.5 - 2 hours a day extra working at home which is unpaid obviously as I’m salaried.
disney1st timer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I'm busier than I've ever been - working all day and often evening meetings, helping the kids with school work and studying for an msc on the side.

It's too much!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Work 20 hrs average a week usually 8to 12.30 one week then 8 to 1.30 next week. Have been starting at 6.45 am everyday since mid December to ensure the Covid vaccine is out the freezer and prepared for distribution. There is so much fiddly preparation and must be done before the start of working day.

Edited at 11:03 PM.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Salary is 36 hours, when in the office probably averaged around 40.

Since working from home, March to now, probably between 40 and 45. Flexible hours but start work most days at 8 and finish around 6, usually work/eat through lunch.

Occasionally I have to work longer and overnight but that is alway charged for, too long in the tooth to work for free.
2point is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

About 50-60 and have done for 20 years.

Since Covid I think I’ve done at least a few hours every single weekend too.

Edited at 08:53 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

35 hours for me. Thankfully I can't work from home. It does feel like the world's upside down. Once I couldn't wait to get home from work and now I'm always looking forward to going. It feels like a break from our new life at home locked in and nowhere to go. Literally a breath of fresh air and probably the only thing that reminds me of life 12 months ago.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Jet
Imagineer

I work 15 hrs a week over two days down from 22 hrs 6 months ago.
They are the hours I usually do.
But...tomorrow I have got to prove I can do my job as its interviews for Compulsory Redundancy 😪...I know I can do my job..just naff at telling people that on paper!
Jet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

21 hours over 3 days, but can do more as and when needed, which suits me perfectly as I can start early/stay late, or do an extra day when workload dictates. I’m paid hourly so I just pay myself the hours I’ve worked at the end of the month. I love the flexibility.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

25.5hrs over 3 days at work.
One day at University a week completing a full time degree (done through work).
I don't work Mondays and have a 3yr old little boy at home (soon to be joined by his baby sister) so don't do any unpaid hrs. I work very hard but family is my priority when I leave the office.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I'm supposed to work 8.30am-4.30pm with a half hour unpaid lunch break. Lately most days lunch is 10mins if im lucky and i'm not usually finished before 5.15pm - salaried and not paid overtime. Add this to the fact that most of my actual job can't be done from home (and to be honest is unlikely to exist after COVID) so i'm currently providing cover for a job thats paid a fair amount more than mine, but i'm not getting any extra - their view is that I should be grateful to still be employed at all so all this means is I get the added responsibility and a lot of grief for nothing extra and am the lowest paid of the team by quite a bit - to be honest, work is miserable right now
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List