Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Feb 21, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

The problem is because people are willing to pay that they are encouraging puppy mills as well as dog thieves trying to make a quick buck. I saw this advert on one of these gumtree type websites.

Old 28 Feb 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I am fed up with sharing posts about stolen dogs and dogs rescued by the police. I think it's beyond disgusting to steal people's pets. And as for puppy farming. My friend has a former breed bitch but she is a lucky one. They are only allowed so many litters so their useful life is short.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I’m really curious re walking coffee table ? 🤣
He sort of had an oblong body and short legs. Sadly he passed away during lockdown. Gorgeous boy.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We paid 400.00 12 years ago for our black lab... full pedigree from bedgebrook gun dogs... lineage full of FTCs (Field Trial Champs)... cannot get my head around the price of cross breeds never alone pedigrees... insane prices... and makes sense hearing drug gangs giving up dealing to venture into stealing dogs as a... there is more money in it and b... if they get caught it's a slap on the wrist rather than a spell inside...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

We have a cavalier king charles spaniel. Bought from a local breeder who doesnt breed often, all KC registered and heart checks. Cost us £800 but she wont sell unless she is happy with you. If there is a particular breed you are looking for I would see local shows and chat with the judges and people, they will recommend someone who isnt just in the business for "breeding for the profit", sometimes people who show dogs will breed a litter for themselves and sell on some of the litter.

Our dog doesnt drop fur, is well behaved, loves company and it great with kids.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

We got our GSD from a local prize winning breeder. We had to answer loads of questions then went on a waiting list. We were able to see both parents before and all the puppies when it was our day to pick.

As other posters have said, when lockdown has ended and people go back to work I fear lots of dogs will be given up and the rescue centres will be swamped.

Forgot to say our dog moults like mad so wouldn’t recommend if you want a shed less dog!
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP

Edited at 02:38 PM.
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 21, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
LostPrincess
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by CAD View Post
We have been looking at puppies for a long time now and decided on a breed. We’ve contacted the breed club who advised a list of checked breeders along with some great advice. You wont get that with a crossbreed unfortunately.
This isn't true! Here is the cockapoo club website and you can see the checked breeders list online:
cockapooclubgb/
Loads of great advice available on here and there's a thriving active Facebook community with helpful mods on hand for advice.

Also, I was in a very well managed and moderated Facebook group specifically for cockapoo and labradoodle pups with a list of approved breeders too who had passed various checks.

I personally would always rather buy from someone who isn't breeding as a business though.
LostPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List