Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Jul 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

The Hendo's Dream Florida Holiday... Take Two - Day 7... Rest, 101 Nike Outlets and Old Town

Day 7 started with the usual swim and a laze about, we left around lunchtime to go look round 101 Nike outlets .. ending up back at the first one as the kids were being picky, but as they had saved up all their pocket money with the aim of buying at least 5 pairs each to bring home we let them off

We stopped by Wendys for a bite to eat which was really tasty, although some of us were starting to get a little fed up of burgers and fast food. Never thought id say that.

We aslo looked around a few flea markets, but we didnt buy much. A few stall holders wanted to talk about Trump and how he had ruined business, they said it was really quiet when it should have been busier. On the way home we stopped by Walmart yet again, as there was always something we needed or had forgotten to get, and as we pulled into the parking lot the heavens opened. The storm seemed to be right above us and as we made a dash for the entrance (where everyone else seemed to be sheltering) a huge crack of thunder happened over our heads almost deafening us.. and one guy literally throwing his shopping into his mini van absolutely ended himself and dived into the back cowering... his mates were having a right good laugh at him

Dinner was Chuys, mexican for a nice change. It was ok, although i dont think id rush back. Hubby and the boys were amazed by the ceiling, made of hub-caps, and whiled away the time trying to name all the different makes of cars they could see. They didnt do very well!

Free Smells!

Then it was off to Old Town, my fave place to go in the evening love the atmosphere, and the shops. We saw some beautiful classic cars and it always amazes me how much love and care people put into their cars. I saw one guy looking at my husbands Scotland tattoo and he came over to speak to us. His wife was from one of the islands and he was very excited to tell us that he was an honerary MacDonald, but we didnt have the heart to say that we are Hendersons who fought for Clan Gunn who were the Macdonalds rivals as far as we knew! Ha ha... The guy had a very nice car though.

I managed to come home with a tiki mask and a new waving money cat (to help me save up for my next US trip ha ha) A good time was had by all, and we went home with an ice cream, ready for bed and another fun day tomorrow.

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I'm really enjoying your report as it sounds similar to what we are planning for next year. We are doing universal, no Disney, and doing more chill days exploring round about. Also hoping to do either AMI or Clearwater. Lots of places we have never eaten in yet too.

Will be stealing lots of ideas!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 17, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Glad you enjoy my ramblings we love driving about and seeing whats outwith the parks, deffo recommend going kayaking if you fancy it or similar. AMI was beautiful, we had visited Clearwater last time but no-one was happy that the water wasnt clear and it got very deep very fast in the spot we picked, but still a lovely beach x

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List